Catch full-service flights to China from $294 return
That's cheaper than flying across Australia.
Need a break but want to make it an exotic one? Have you considered China?
With flights to the country now starting for less than $300 return on a full-service carrier, it's a break that definitely won't bust the budget.
The cheapest fare we've found is from Melbourne to Chongqing on Tianjin Airlines in March 2019 at $294 return.
Snooping around we've also found flights from Sydney to Tianjin from $335 and Sydney to Zhengzhou from $328 return during March.
This sale ends on 3 January 2019 unless seats sell out earlier.
You can use Flight Finder here or via our engine below to search for a full suite of options to China from Australia. If you're curious where you should go, what to do and how to get around check out our China Travel guide for some inspiration and direction.
How good are these China fares?
- Price: Great. Discounted flights to China generally start in the $300s making this a cut above the rest. It's on par with flights to Asia on budget airlines and even comes up cheaper than flights across the nation such as Melbourne to Perth which according to Skyscanner start from $333 return in March 2019.
- Airline: Good. Tianjin Airlines is a 3-star full-service airline. Tickets include 23kg of checked luggage, in-flight meals and entertainment.
- Travel time: Good. Some flights are direct, including Melbourne to Chongqing and Sydney to Zgengzhou but others include a stopover in China.
- Weather: Good. March is the beginning of spring. It's the shoulder season and is when the country starts to warm up after winter.
- New international travel rules: Quarantine, proof of vax, visas and more explained
- 70% of Australians “too scared to travel”, but are they wrong?
- 5 early Black Friday travel deals: Bag a bargain right now
- 10 Click Frenzy™ travel deals that can save you up to 45%
- 3 cheapest places to fly now Australia’s international borders are open