Catch flights to California from $873 return on Air New Zealand
Plus, learn how you can score an extra 10% off by being an early bird.
Air New Zealand has a whole slew of flights on sale at the moment. Or, A World Of Possibilities, as the airline prefers to call its sale.
There are flights to Hawaii from $698 return, $200 off return flights to New Zealand and $1,057 return fares to Buenos Aires.
Then, there are these babies. There are flights from Melbourne to San Francisco or Los Angeles from $873 return or $883 return from Sydney.
Those are some of the cheapest fares we've seen the full-service airline pull out in a while. What's more, if you make your booking to any South or North American destination before 9am AEDT on 27 February 2019, you'll score a bonus 10% off your flight when you use this promo code.
Travel is available from 5 - 28 March, 16 July - 20 September and 13 October - 30 November 2019 for economy seats. Premium economy and business class fares are also on sale on similar dates.
Yup, that's right. Peak season American summer dates are included.
Errr – where can we sign up?
It's all happening on the Air New Zealand website until midnight 27 February 2019 or when seats sell out.
How good are these Air New Zealand fares?
- Price: Great. Just a few months ago, we saw Air New Zealand take flights to California down to $899 return. This sale betters it by $26 and is also miles ahead of what the average person pays to fly from Melbourne to Los Angeles, which is $1,193 return. On the flipside, destinations such as Hawaii have been sold for less, with starting fares as low as $628 return.
- Airline: Great. Air New Zealand is a full-service airline. That means you get checked luggage, in-flight meals and in-flight entertainment as part of your ticket.
- Travel time: OK. All flights include a stopover in Auckland. From Australia, that's a bit of a roundabout way to get to North America and increases your total travel time.
- Weather. Great. With July, August and September travel dates included we can't praise this sale enough. Get your swimmers and festival gear ready and get ready to party in the USA.
- $4 million in travel vouchers for South Australians: Are you eligible?
- 10 most popular travel destinations for Australians in 2021
- South Australia reopens border with NSW: What to know before you go
- Queensland reopens its borders to select NSW areas: Here’s what you need to know
- WA travel vouchers: Who qualifies for the $1 million in free travel?