Catch direct flights to South America on Qantas from $986 return
Is this the sale you've been waiting for?
South America flights don't often find themselves under $1,000 return, but right now Qantas has fares to Santiago starting from just $986 return.
For this price you can catch flights from Melbourne in August and September, which is one of the best times to visit as it's nice and cool.
Melbourne isn't the only winner in this sale. Flights are also available from Sydney from $1,035 return, Adelaide from $1,048, Gold Coast from $1,071 and Canberra from $1,103 return. These are also for August and September travel.
All flights are with Qantas though are operated by LATAM. All Melbourne and Sydney flights are direct; all other flights include a domestic trip (on Qantas) to Melbourne or Sydney to connect onto this direct service.
This sale ends 21 January unless sold our earlier.
Find your flight with Skyscanner now
How good are these South America fares?
- Price: Great. Anytime a flight to South America falls under $1,000 return you know you're onto a good thing. PS this is a good thing.
- Airline: Great. Qantas and LATAM are full-service airlines which means you get checked luggage, meals and entertainment included with your ticket.
- Frequent Flyer Points: Great. Book through Qantas and you can score at least 3,750 points and 40 status credits. This number is based on discount economy flights from Melbourne to Santiago.
- Travel time: Great. Flights are either direct or include a short connection in Sydney or Melbourne.
- Weather: Great. We recommend visiting Chile in September for the cool weather or August for less crowds.
How cheap is cheap?
We sussed out the average price the Aussie traveller pays to fly from Melbourne to Santiago through Skyscanner. At $600 less than the average, these fares are indisputably a bargain.
- $4 million in travel vouchers for South Australians: Are you eligible?
- 10 most popular travel destinations for Australians in 2021
- South Australia reopens border with NSW: What to know before you go
- Queensland reopens its borders to select NSW areas: Here’s what you need to know
- WA travel vouchers: Who qualifies for the $1 million in free travel?