What are your options for cash in the sunshine state?
If you’re in the Gold Coast and find yourself in need of cash, whether it’s because of an unexpected expense or even a car breakdown, you have a few options to consider.
Find out about your options in this guide.
How do short term loans work on the Gold Coast?
Short term loans that are available on the Gold Coast work the same way as any other short term loan would around Australia. It’s as simple as finding the loan that works for you and your financial situation. On the Gold Coast, most lenders will allow you to borrow a maximum of $5,000,but this is dependent on the lender you opt for.
As long as you are able to prove that you can meet the loan requirements and can afford the loan, you’re well on your way to getting that Gold Coast cash loan approved. Some loan applications have an approval time of five minutes!
The terms of the loan vary between lenders. You may find terms as short as one month and, depending on the size of the loan, the maximum terms can extend up to two years. Check that the loan terms meet your requirements before you apply.
Cash loans available on the Gold Coast that you can compare today
- Bad credit applicants considered
- Fast approval service
- Borrow up to $2,000
100% confidential application
Sunshine Short Term Offer
A short term loan with a fast and easy application available to those with good or bad credit. You can apply today and get approved for up to $2,000.
- Loan amount: $2,000
- Loan term: 9-15 weeks
- Turnaround time: 30 minutes (conditions apply)
- Fees: 20% of borrowed amount + 4% of borrowed amount each month
- Income requirement: 50%+ of income cannot be from Centrelink
- Bad credit borrowers OK
- Quick and easy Approval
- No Credit Checks
- Borrow up to $4,600
- Loan term up to 2 years
- Instant online decision
100% confidential application
Swoosh Finance offer fast, reliable, and hassle-free secured loans up to $4,600 for when you are in need of money.
- Loan amount: $4,600
- Loan term: 12-24 months
- Turnaround time: Next business day
- Fees: $400 + 48% p.a. of borrowed amount
How to compare lenders
Comparing lenders is important as it is ideal to have all of the information you need before deciding to go with a particular lender. Yes, you may find one that does same day deposits, but have you looked at the fees that are applied when you ask for that to be done?
Here are some things to keep in mind while looking at lenders.
- Repayment schedule. Most lenders let you repay weekly, fortnightly or monthly so check this is available.
- Interest rates. If you apply for a loan below $2,000 you will not be charged an interest rate. Loans between $2,000-$5,000 will not come with a rate above 48% p.a. but rates can still vary in their competitiveness.
- Fees. For loans below $2,000 you will not pay more than a 20% establishment fee and a 4% monthly fee.
- Loan amounts. You can usually borrow up to $2,000 and some lenders may allow you to apply for up to $5,000.
Benefits and drawbacks to cash loans from the Gold Coast
Benefits of a cash loan
- Quick approval process. You can generally find out if you’ve been approved instantly and can receive the loan in 24-48 hours.
- Variety of lenders. Due to the number of lenders that are offering cash loans on the Gold Coast, it gives you the option to shop around for the best deal.
- Can repay early. The majority of lenders allow you to repay the loan early without penalty.
- High cost. Cash loans come with a notoriously high cost. Make sure you consider whether you can afford it before you apply.
- No guarantee of approval. Make sure you consider the eligibility criteria before you apply. Each application you make is listed on your credit file and multiple applications can damage your credit score.
Where can you get a Gold Coast cash loan?
Since many lenders offer cash loans online, you can get a loan from wherever you happen to be along the Gold Coast. However, you can get loans in-store from Mermaid Beach, Nerang, Broadbeach, Southport and many others who have bricks and mortar personal lending services. It just depends on whether or not you want the ease of applying online or if you feel more comfortable going to the lenders and talking to them directly.
Questions to ask before applying
Although getting a payday loan to tide you over can be tempting, there are a few things to consider before taking the leap.
- Can I afford the repayments? This is probably the most important question. Unexpected living costs pop up all the time and it can make things tough. However, if you cannot afford the repayments of the loan you take out, more interest grows on the amount that you owe and it quickly becomes a spiral of debt.
- Does this loan meet all my needs? Doing your research about the lender's interest rates, repayment schedules and fees is a good way to answer this question, as financial circumstances vary from individual to individual.
Consider these questions before applying and you’ll be well on your way to being approved for a short term loan on the Gold Coast!