You can still get financing for a car even when your credit is less-than-perfect. Find out if you’re eligible for a Cashfirst Secured Car Loan.
- Cashfirst no longer offer credit to the public consumer. Compare a range of bad credit loan options here.
A car is a necessity to many people, whether it be for work, for your family, or just to get from A to B. Having bad credit or being on a lower income can make it hard to be approved for a car loan from banks and other mainstream lenders. If you’re in this position, Cashfirst is a lender to consider.
You can apply for a loan up to $25,000 if your credit history is less than perfect and have up to 5 years to repay it. You can also use this loan if you already own a car and are willing to use it as a guarantee. Find out more about Cashfirst’s Secured Car Loan in our review below.
|Product Name||Cashfirst Secured Personal Loan|
|Interest Rate (p.a.)||From 15.95% (variable)|
|Comparison Rate (p.a.)||17.04%|
|Interest Rate Type||Variable|
|Min Loan Amount||$5,000|
|Max Loan Amount||$25,000|
- Online application
- Quick turnaround on approval
- Flexible repayments
- Higher interest rate
- Application fee of $150
- Late fees may be charged
How does the Cashfirst Secured Car Loan work?
Cashfirst offers flexible eligibility criteria with this loan. You don't need perfect credit history; you only need to meet minimum income, age and residency requirements and demonstrate the ability to repay the loan. If you apply and are approved, you can have the money in your account within 24 hours.
You will be offered terms up to 5 years and be able to make repayments weekly, fortnightly or monthly as per your budget. The first payment is due one month after your loan is settled. You're able to make additional repayments and pay off your loan ahead of schedule by getting in contact with Cashfirst.
What features can I expect from a Cashfirst loan?
When you take out a secured loan with Cashfirst, the following features are on offer:
- Easy application. Applying online is quick and you can speed up your application by uploading 90 days of your bank statements.
- Loan amount and terms. You can borrow between $5,000 and $25,000 with this loan. Repayment terms are available up to 60 months.
- Receive your money quickly. After your loan is settled and your contract signed, you will receive your loan within 24 hours. This will help you get into your new car sooner.
- Top up your loan. If you've had your loan for six months you can apply to top up your loan. Your eligibility depends on your situation and how regularly you've made payments into your account.
- Flexible repayments. Make your first repayment one month after the loan is settled. After this you can choose to make weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments and you can get in contact with Cashfirst to change the repayment frequency during your loan term.
- Pay off your loan sooner. Make additional repayments to help pay off your loan sooner.
- Easy repayments. You can have your repayments direct debited out of your account on the due date. This reduces the chance of late payments – you just need to make sure there's sufficient funds in the account when the debit is scheduled.
Are you eligible for a Cashfirst Secured Loan?
These are the basic eligibility requirements:
- You're currently employed
- You're an Australian resident
- You earn more than $20,000 p.a. into a bank account
- You're looking to purchase a car or own an existing vehicle less than seven years old
- You are not currently bankrupt or under a Part 9 Debt Agreement
Ready to apply? Here's how to get started
Click "Go to Site" if you meet the eligibility criteria outlined above and are ready to apply for a loan. You'll need the following details on hand to complete your application:
- Proof of your identity. You'll need your driver's licence or passport as well as a Medicare card or proof of age card.
- Proof of your income. This can be 90 days of your current bank statements, your last two payslips or your latest notice of assessment if you are self-employed.
Cashfirst gives you a way to finance a new car purchase even with bad credit, or to apply for a loan if you've got a car to use as security. Comparing this loan with similar offerings before you apply will help ensure you're applying for the right loan to meet your needs.