Cash Converters Card Review
Customers can receive a Cash Converters loan on a prepaid card when they apply in-store.
Customers who are considering applying for a Cash Converters loan may want to consider receiving it onto the prepaid Cash Converters Card. Whatever loan amount they are approved for at the participating Cash Converters store they apply in, they can opt to receive their loan onto a prepaid eftpos card to carry with them for using for spending directly.
Maximum loan amount
Term of loan
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
|Product Name||Cash Converters Cash Advance Loan|
|Minimum loan amount||$100|
|Maximum loan amount||$2,000|
|Loan term||4-6 weeks|
|Turnaround time||Same day - conditions apply|
|Costs||20% of loan amount (establishment fee) + 4% of loan amount each month|
|Requirements||You must be over 18 and residing in Australia.|
|Available to Centrelink Borrowers?||Yes|
Are you struggling financially?
If you're struggling financially and would like to speak to someone for free financial advice, information and assistance you can call the Financial Counsellors hotline on 1800 007 007 (open from 9:30am to 4pm, Monday to Friday). If you are suffering financial problems related to the coronavirus pandemic you may be eligible for additional support. Find out more here: https://www.finder.com.au/coronavirus-financial-help
⚠️ Warning about Borrowing
Do you really need a loan today?*
It can be expensive to borrow small amounts of money and borrowing may not solve your money problems.
Check your options before you borrow:
- For information about other options for managing bills and debts, ring 1800 007 007 from anywhere in Australia to talk to a free and independent financial counsellor
- Talk to your electricity, gas, phone or water provider to see if you can work out a payment plan
- If you are on government benefits, ask if you can receive an advance from Centrelink: Phone: 13 17 94
The Government's MoneySmart website shows you how small amount loans work and suggests other options that may help you.
* This statement is an Australian Government requirement under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009.
How does the Cash Converters Card work?
The option of receiving a loan is offered by participating Cash Converters stores, a list of which can be found on the Cash Converters website. Loan customers approved loans can be loaded onto the card in-store and they can spend the funds where eftpos is accepted – not online or over the phone.
The card can only be used to hold the loan amount; it can’t be used for customers to load their own funds on to. However, loan applicants can receive additional Cash Converters loans onto it if they choose to take out further financing.
Features of the Cash Converters Card
Before someone opts for the card in-store, it’s important for them to understand all the features it comes with. Here is a breakdown of what customers will receive with this card:
- Minimal fees. There is no fee to receive the card and there are minimal other charges, the main one being the ATM fees.
- Convenient spending. eftpos is widely accepted in stores across Australia, giving you an easy way to spend your funds.
- Safer than carrying cash. If someone has opted to receive their loan through the eftpos card, they can save themselves the hassle of depositing the funds into their bank account. This can be risky, especially when borrowing larger amounts.
- Have leftover funds transferred. If the card is no longer current and someone wants the funds in their card account transferred to their bank account, they can simply fill in a funds transfer request approval form to have this arranged.
- Lengthy card life. The card doesn’t expire for three years, giving customers a long time to use the funds and also load subsequent Cash Converters loans should they ever need them.
How much does the card cost?
Customers will receive a full breakdown of costs when they receive the card, but here are a few costs to keep in mind:
- Point-of-sale transactions: Free
- Non-rediATM transactions: ATM owner fees
- rediATM transactions: $2
Is there anything to keep in mind?
Before someone chooses to receive their loan onto the Cash Converters Card, it’s important to consider why they are applying for the loan. If they need it to pay bills or to use for something that doesn’t accept eftpos, then this card probably isn’t the best option for them.
This card cannot be used for payments online or over the phone, so if a loan customer needs to use their funds in this way, then this card is not the best option for them. Customers also cannot receive this card online – only when they apply for loans in-store.
Have more questions about the card?
What button do I select to make a purchase?
Select the “savings” button and then enter your PIN.
How much money is left on my card?
You can check your balance by entering your card number or account code on the Emerchants website.
How do I get my PIN?
When you receive your card in-store, you will also be given a four-digit PIN number.
I’ve forgotten my PIN number. How do I get a new one?
You can find out your PIN on the Emerchants website by entering your card number and personal details. You’ll need to have your email address added to the card to be able to do this. If you don’t have your email address linked to the card, get in contact with Cash Converters to do so.
Where can I use my card?
Anywhere in-store that eftpos is accepted. You cannot use your card online or over the phone.
Can I load my own funds to the card?
No, you can only access funds received from approved Cash Converters loans on the card.