Receive your Cash Converters loan on a convenient prepaid card to spend as you like when you apply in-store.
If you’re considering applying for a Cash Converters loan, you may want to consider receiving it onto the prepaid Cash Converters Card. Whatever loan amount you’re approved for at the participating Cash Converters store you apply in, you can opt to receive your loan onto a prepaid eftpos card to carry with you for convenient spending.
|Min Loan Amount||$50|
|Max. Loan Amount||$2,000|
|Loan Term||4-6 weeks|
|Turnaround Time||Same day - conditions apply|
|Costs||20% of loan amount (establishment fee) + 4% of loan amount each month|
|Requirements||You must be over 18 and residing in Australia.|
|Available to Centrelink borrowers||Yes|
- Low loan amount as $50
- Easy application
- 20% establishment fee
- 4% monthly fee
- 18 years over
- Residing in Australia
How does the Cash Converters Card work?
The option of receiving your loan is offered by participating Cash Converters stores, a list of which can be found on the Cash Converters website. Your approved loan will be loaded onto the card in-store and you can spend it where eftpos is accepted – not online or over the phone.
The card can only be used to hold your loan amount; it can’t be used to load your own funds. However, you can receive additional Cash Converters loans onto it if you take out further financing.
Features of the Cash Converters Card
Before you opt for the card in-store, it’s important to understand all the features it comes with. Here is a breakdown of what you receive with this card:
- Minimal fees. There is no fee to receive the card and there are minimal other charges, the main one being the ATM fees.
- Convenient spending. eftpos is widely accepted in stores across Australia, giving you an easy way to spend your funds.
- Safer than carrying cash. If you opted to receive your loan through the eftpos card, you can save yourself the hassle of depositing the funds into your bank account. This can be risky, especially when borrowing larger amounts.
- Have leftover funds transferred to you. If your card is no longer current and you want the funds in your card account transferred to you, simply fill in a funds transfer request approval form to have this arranged.
- Lengthy card life. The card doesn’t expire for three years, giving you a long time to use the funds and also load subsequent Cash Converters loans should you ever need them.
How much does the card cost?
You’ll receive a full breakdown of costs when you receive the card, but here are a few costs to keep in mind:
- Point-of-sale transactions: Free
- Non-rediATM transactions: ATM owner fees
- rediATM transactions: $2
Is there anything to keep in mind?
Before you choose to receive your loan onto the Cash Converters Card, it’s important to consider why you are applying for the loan. If you need it to pay bills or to use for something that doesn’t accept eftpos, then this card probably isn’t the best option for you.
This card cannot be used for payments online or over the phone, so if you need to use your funds in this way, then this card is not the best option for you. You also cannot receive this card online – only when you apply for loans in-store.
Have more questions about the card?
What button do I select to make a purchase?
Select the “savings” button and then enter your PIN.
How much money is left on my card?
You can check your balance by entering your card number or account code on the Emerchants website.
How do I get my PIN?
When you receive your card in-store, you will also be given a four-digit PIN number.
I’ve forgotten my PIN number. How do I get a new one?
You can find out your PIN on the Emerchants website by entering your card number and personal details. You’ll need to have your email address added to the card to be able to do this. If you don’t have your email address linked to the card, get in contact with Cash Converters to do so.
Where can I use my card?
Anywhere in-store that eftpos is accepted. You cannot use your card online or over the phone.
Can I load my own funds to the card?
No, you can only access funds received from approved Cash Converters loans on the card.