Cash Cloud Payday Loans
Cash Cloud help match their customers to suitable payday lenders
Cash Cloud is not a direct lender; it works to match customers with a loan offered by one of its lenders. The fee structure is transparent and customers can review it before they agree to the loan. Cash Cloud’s service is free and customers can receive their money quickly – in some cases within 60 minutes or on the same business day.
Maximum loan amount
Within an hour
Up to 3 months
Term of loan
|Product Name||Cash Cloud Payday Loans|
|Minimum loan amount||$300|
|Maximum loan amount||$2,000|
|Loan term||Up to 3 months|
|Turnaround time||Within an hour|
|Costs||20% of borrowed amount + 4% of borrowed amount each month|
|Available to Centrelink Borrowers?||No|
Are you struggling financially?
If you're struggling financially and would like to speak to someone for free financial advice, information and assistance you can call the Financial Counsellors hotline on 1800 007 007 (open from 9:30am to 4pm, Monday to Friday). If you are suffering financial problems related to the coronavirus pandemic you may be eligible for additional support. Find out more here: https://www.finder.com.au/coronavirus-financial-help
⚠️ Warning about Borrowing
Do you really need a loan today?*
It can be expensive to borrow small amounts of money and borrowing may not solve your money problems.
Check your options before you borrow:
- For information about other options for managing bills and debts, ring 1800 007 007 from anywhere in Australia to talk to a free and independent financial counsellor
- Talk to your electricity, gas, phone or water provider to see if you can work out a payment plan
- If you are on government benefits, ask if you can receive an advance from Centrelink: Phone: 13 17 94
The Government's MoneySmart website shows you how small amount loans work and suggests other options that may help you.
* This statement is an Australian Government requirement under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009.
How does the process work?
When someone applies for a loan with Cash Cloud, it will send their application to its primary lender, Stress Less Money. If that customer isn't accepted, there are other lenders on its panel who will consider their application. Those who are accepted will be transferred to the lender to review the costs and complete the process to receive their funds. The repayment process will differ depending on the lender each customer is matched with.
Comparison of Payday Loans
Whilst we don't compare loans from Cash Cloud directly, use the table below to see how they compare against other short term loans
What features does Cash Cloud offer?
- Increases chance of approval.
As more than one lender is reviewing each applicant's application, customers have more of a chance of approval, even though only submit one application is submitted.
- No paperwork.
Customers won’t need to fax any paperwork to Cash Cloud to complete their application.
- Customer support.
Cash Cloud offer email and online support to customers who need help before they apply, to check on their application status or if they have a complaint.
What are the risks of payday loans?
- Unaffordable repayments. Payday loans are an expensive way to borrow money and should only be used as a last resort. Check the size of each repayment and ensure you will be able to pay it on time. Unaffordable repayments can lead to late fees that will only make things worse.
- High rates and fees. Rates and fees on payday loans are high but there are rules in place so be sure to check your lender is not charging you more than ASIC allows. Also, look at what you would be charged if you are late on a payment or if you default on the loan altogether.
- Unreputable lenders. All Australian lenders should be accredited by ASIC. Check for a credit licence on the ASIC Register and ensure that the lender is easily contactable.
- Impact on credit score. Every loan application shows up on credit reports. While lenders might not consider credit history, applying for lots of loans within a short period can have a negative impact on your credit score in the future.
What will the loan cost be?
This depends on the lender a Cash Cloud applicant is accepted by. For instance, if a application is accepted by Cash Cloud’s primary lender, Stress Less Money, the fee structure will be as follows:
What customers will pay:
- Establishment fee: 20%
- Monthly fee: 4%
What customers might pay:
- Dishonour fee: $35 charged when a direct debit is dishonoured
- Rescheduled payment fee: $35
- Late fees: $7 charged daily for up to 45 days
Is there anything to be aware of before applying?
- Cash Cloud’s primary lender has a policy of not rolling over loans, but if someone is matched with a different lender (for example, Cash Train) they can review their renewal policy before they accept the loan terms.
- Once someone submits an application with Cash Cloud and are accepted by a lender, they should direct all account and loan enquiries to that lender and not Cash Cloud.
How to apply with Cash Cloud
Those looking to apply can get started by submitting an online application on Cash Cloud’s website. They'll need to be:
- Over the age of 18
- A resident of Australia
- Currently employed
They'll also need to provide certain details to complete the application, so prospective applicants should keep this information handy:
- Loan: Details on why the loan is needed and how much funding is required
- Personal: Their name, address, marital status and number of dependants
- Identification: Their driver’s licence, proof of ID card, Medicare card or passport
- Financial: Their income, debts, assets and liabilities
- Employment: Their current and previous employers, their contact information and their job title
What to consider
While Cash Cloud claims to help match payday loan applicants with appropriate lenders, it is still important for prospective payday loan applicants to compare lenders themselves before submitting an application.
Customers for payday loans should also be aware of the potentially high fees attached and if they are facing financial hardship, should consider potential alternative solutions that they may qualify for.