Cash Australia Personal Cash Advance
Borrow from $300 up to $2,000. Turnaround times are quick, but this loan is expensive and comes with high fees and charges.
You can borrow up to $2,000 with Cash Australia’s Personal Cash Advance. They offer terms from 16 days to 12 months, with a turnaround time of 24 hours. Part of your income can be from Centrelink, but your repayments cannot be from more than 20% of your Centrelink income. Bad credit borrowers can also apply, as Cash Australia takes into account your current financial circumstances. This loan, however, is expensive. You will be charged an establishment fee of 20% and a monthly fee of 4%. There are also various fees associated with missed payments and defaults. Payday loans are not a long-term financial solution and should only be used in case of emergencies.
Maximum loan amount
Within 24 hours
16 days to 12 months
Term of loan
|Product Name||Cash Australia Personal Cash Advance|
|Minimum loan amount||$300|
|Maximum loan amount||$2,000|
|Loan term||16 days to 12 months|
|Turnaround time||Within 24 hours|
|Costs||20% establishment fee and 4% monthly fee.|
|Available to Centrelink Borrowers?||Yes|
Are you struggling financially?
If you're struggling financially and would like to speak to someone for free financial advice, information and assistance you can call the Financial Counsellors hotline on 1800 007 007 (open from 9:30am to 4pm, Monday to Friday). If you are suffering financial problems related to the coronavirus pandemic you may be eligible for additional support.
⚠️ Warning about Borrowing
Do you really need a loan today?*
It can be expensive to borrow small amounts of money and borrowing may not solve your money problems.
Check your options before you borrow:
- For information about other options for managing bills and debts, ring 1800 007 007 from anywhere in Australia to talk to a free and independent financial counsellor
- Talk to your electricity, gas, phone or water provider to see if you can work out a payment plan
- If you are on government benefits, ask if you can receive an advance from Centrelink: Phone: 13 17 94
The Government's MoneySmart website shows you how small amount loans work and suggests other options that may help you.
* This statement is an Australian Government requirement under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009.
How do Cash Australia loans work?
If someone is a new Cash Australia customer they have to provide bank statements for the last 60 days alongside their loan application. If they've taken a Cash Australia advance in the past, they only have to provide bank statements for the last 30 days. Those with online access to their bank account details can upload an electronic statement during the application process.
After the loan’s approval, Cash Australia sends their successful applicants' cash advance offers via email. Once an applicant accepts their offer, Cash Australia deposits the money in their bank account, the details of which they will have provided as part of the application process.
Repayments are debited from the same bank account on agreed dates automatically until the loan is paid back completely.
Other cash loans to apply for
Whilst we don't compare this loan directly, here are some other loans that are similar.
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Features of a loan from Cash Australia
Before applying for a Cash Australia Cash Advance Loan, it’s a good idea to find out of the features it offers. The following features are on offer:
- Low minimum amount. Loan customers can borrow as little as $300 when they apply for a Cash Advance Loan through Cash Australia. They can also borrow in $50 increments any amount up to $2,000, provided that they qualify.
- Short loan term. If someone gets this Cash Advance Loan, they have to pay the loan off completely in four weeks. They cannot extend the terms of the loan. Customers should ensure that they will be able to totally repay this loan in this short period of time or face additional charges.
- Quick approval process. Loan applicants have to send a copy of the accepted contract via email, along with their direct debit request via fax. Once they do this Cash Australia deposits the funds in their bank account within a few hours or on the following business day.
- Easy repayments. Upon accepting the loan proposal, applicants have to sign up for direct debits, giving Cash Australia the authority to request for funds from their bank account on agreed dates. This way, customers don’t have to remember when to make repayments. However, they must ensure that there is enough money in their account for each repayment date, or face additional charges for dishonoured payments.
What are the risks of payday loans?
- Unaffordable repayments. Payday loans are an expensive way to borrow money and should only be used as a last resort. Check the size of each repayment and ensure you will be able to pay it on time. Unaffordable repayments can lead to late fees that will only make things worse.
- High rates and fees. Rates and fees on payday loans are high but there are rules in place so be sure to check your lender is not charging you more than ASIC allows. Also, look at what you would be charged if you are late on a payment or if you default on the loan altogether.
- Unreputable lenders. All Australian lenders should be accredited by ASIC. Check for a credit licence on the ASIC Register and ensure that the lender is easily contactable.
- Impact on credit score. Every loan application shows up on credit reports. While lenders might not consider credit history, applying for lots of loans within a short period can have a negative impact on your credit score in the future.
How much will it cost to get a Personal Cash Advance?
As with other loans, these loans attract different fees and charges, and here’s what customers can expect to pay during the course of the loan term.
- Establishment fee. This stands at 20% of the amount borrowed.
- Monthly fee. This is 4% of the amount borrowed.
- Default deferred payment fee. $15 towards costs of accommodating consumer requests, and this fee is payable per week.
- Direct debit dishonour fee. $29 charged every time a direct debit repayment is dishonoured.
- Missed payment fee. $29 charged each time someone misses a repayment - applied the day after their due date.
- Enforcement expenses. Customers will have to pay these if their account enters into debt recovery.
How to apply for a Cash Advance Loan from Cash Australia
Applying for a Cash Australia Cash Advance Loan is straightforward. However, before submitting an application, applicants should ensure that they meet the following eligibility criteria. Prospective applicants must:
- Reside in South Australia, Victoria, Northern Territory, or Tasmania
- Have an existing bank or credit union account
- Earn at least $24,000 per year, and the income should show as an electronic transfer on their bank statement
- Have an existing email address
- Be at least 18 years of age
As part of the application process every customer will have to provide different kinds of information. This includes the following:
- Personal and contact details like their name, date of birth and driver's licence number
- Employment details like their employment status, length of employment, payday frequency, and employer’s contact details
- Details about their income, expenses and debts
While Cash Australia’s Loans can work as short-term solutions, all prospective applicants should take into account that there are a number of similar products available. It is important to compare as many as possible before applying in order to ensure the best possible deal.