Save up to 4c per litre on fuel and take advantage of exclusive benefits when using the Cardplus Shell Fuelcard.
The Cardplus Shell Fuelcard offers fuel savings and convenience to business and consumer cardholders. It’s designed to suit the needs of the businesses and individual drivers when purchasing petrol at Shell-branded service stations. This review covers the features, benefits and costs you can expect from the Cardplus Shell Fuelcard.
|Product Name||Cardplus Shell Fuelcard|
|Annual fee||$48 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 35 days on purchases|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Annual fee||$48 p.a.|
|Late Payment Fee||$50|
Review of Cardplus Shell Fuelcard
Cardholders can use the Cardplus Shell Fuelcard to cover petrol or diesel costs and enjoy savings at Shell-branded service stations. Recently, Shell Card has partnered with Liberty service stations, increasing the total number of participating outlets to 1,200 service stations across Australia. Along with the extensive coverage, the Cardplus Shell Fuelcard comes with the added benefit of credit terms of up to 35 days and no transaction fees.
Features and Benefits of Cardplus Shell Fuelcard
You can expect the following features and benefits from the Cardplus Shell Fuelcard:
- Fuel savings. You can use this card to save 4c per litre purchased at participating outlets. This includes Shell Unleaded, Shell Unleaded 95, Shell V-power, Shell Premium Unleaded, Shell Unleaded E10 and Shell Diesel (excludes LPG).
- Credit terms. You have up to 35 days from the date of purchase to repay your purchases.
- No transaction fees. You will not be charged any transaction fees for using Cardplus Shell Fuelcard at Shell and other participating service stations.
- Simplified invoices. Your fuel spending will be summarised in an online report and your bill is delivered to you electronically on a monthly basis.
- Earn flybuys Points. This card isn’t directly linked to flybuys, but if you use it to make purchases at Coles or Shell service stations and have a flybuys card, you can earn points as you spend. You’ll receive 0.5 point for every $1 spent on fuel or in-store using your fuel card.
- Additional cardholders. To give your employees flexibility, you can request additional cards to be linked to the one account.
Fees associated with Cardplus Shell Fuelcard
The Cardplus Shell Fuelcard comes with the following fees:
- Card fees. You are required to pay a charge of $4 per month (inclusive of GST) in respect of each Shell Card issued to you.
- Default fees. You shall be liable to pay default fees on the dues depending on the sum due by the cardholder. Following table consists of the breakdown of the default charges:
|Up to $400||Per calendar month||$90|
|$401 to $800||Per calendar month||$100|
|$801 to 1,200||Per calendar month||$110|
|$1,201 to $1,600||Per calendar month||$120|
|$1,601 to $2,000||Per calendar month||$130|
|$2,001 to $2,400||Per calendar month||$140|
|$2,401 to $2,800||Per calendar month||$150|
|$2,801 to $3,200||Per calendar month||$160|
|$3,201 to $3,600||Per calendar month||$170|
|$3,601 to $4,000||Per calendar month||$190|
- Late payment fee. You are required to pay an additional late payment fee over and above default fees by $50 for each $1000 or part thereof over $4000.
- Enforcement expenses. You will be liable for any costs incurred by Cardplus Shell Fuelcard in enforcing its rights under the fuel card agreement.
How to apply
You can apply for the Cardplus Fuelcard online but make sure you have the following personal and business information available:
When signing up for the card, you are required to provide basic personal details such as your full name, email address, address and telephone number.
- ABN. You’re asked to enter your business’ ABN, and then the application will use the ABR database to auto-populate the other required fields.
- Business details. You must include your company name, which is going to be imprinted on the card.
- Owner details. You’ll also need to provide the personal data (such as full name, electronic mail address and contact information) of the proprietor of the Cardplus Shell Fuelcard.
- Payment details. You’ll also be asked to state how you’d like to pay for your account. For individual applicants, you’ll be asked to provide your bank account details.
Cardplus Shell Fuelcard is a multi-dimensional fuel card available to businesses and consumers to offer more value-for-money at participating outlets. As these aren’t the only fuel cards on the market, you’ll benefit from comparing a few options before you apply.Back to top