Looking for a way to finance a new or used car? Get a competitive rate with ANZ when you use your new vehicle as security.
Car loans are just one of the many financial products that ANZ have to offer. If you're looking to purchase a vehicle that's less than seven years old, ANZ can offer you a flexible way to fund your purchase and help you get on the road sooner. Find out about the competitive features on offer in the guide below. variable rate comparison rate 100% confidential application Apply for ANZ variable rate personal loan and access a low interest rate offer. Apply by 28th July 2016 to save $150 on your application fee
ANZ Personal loan
100% confidential application
Apply for ANZ variable rate personal loan and access a low interest rate offer. Apply by 28th July 2016 to save $150 on your application fee
Comparison of ANZ personal loans
- ANZ Secured Car Loan. You can purchase a new, used or demonstrator vehicle that is less than seven years old with this loan. It's also available for refinancing. The loan comes with a competitive fixed interest rate of 7.4% p.a. with loan terms of between 1 to 5 years. If your loan term is under five years, you may be able to select a balloon payment to lower your ongoing repayments.
- ANZ Variable Rate Personal Loan. This loan may be suitable if you're looking to finance a vehicle over seven years old or you don't want to use your car as security. This unsecured personal loan comes with a rate of 15.99% p.a. and terms of between 1 to 7 years. You can borrow a minimum of $5,000 with this loan but you're able to increase your loan amount if needed and to pay it off sooner if you're able to. As it's a variable rate loan, your repayments may fluctuate.
- ANZ Fixed Rate Personal Loan. You're offered more flexibility with this loan in terms of the type of car you buy and what you do with the loan amount, but as it's a fixed rate loan you have restrictions to consider as well. For example, you can't pay off the loan early without a fee. This loan comes with a competitive rate of 12.45% p.a. and terms up to 7 years. A minimum loan amount of $5,000 applies but you can purchase anything you like with your approved funds.
Is your car eligible for a secured loan?
To be eligible for the Secured Car Loan, the vehicle needs to be:
- Less than seven years old
- Less than $7,500
- A new, used or demonstrator vehicle
- For personal use
All car loan applications are subject to ANZ's normal lending criteria.
How you can apply for an ANZ Car Loan
If you would like to apply for an ANZ car loan, click "Go to Site" to submit your application. You'll need to meet the following eligibility criteria before you apply:
- Over the age of 18
- A permanent Australian resident or valid work Visa holder (457 or other diplomatic visa)
- Be currently employed or a self-funded retiree
- Not currently bankrupt
If you meet these eligibility criteria you can start your application. Make sure you have te following details on hand so you can complete the online form:
- Your current Australian driver's licence details
- Your current and previous employer's address
- Details of your income, assets, expenses and liabilities
- Your ANZ account number or Customer Registration Number (if you have one)
Once you have completed the application a confirmation email will be sent to your nominated email address to explain the next steps. ANZ will then contact you and advise whether you've been approved, usually within three hours. If approved, ANZ will send you contract documents to agree to, and after accepting your contact, you can usually pick up your new or used vehicle within 24 hours.