We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Famous Motorcycle provides one comprehensive policy. You can get a discount if you are over 40 and you can get cover if you ride a dirt bike or scooter. As well as the general inclusions, such as cover for theft and accidental damage, you receive up to $2,000 for lost keys, a replacement motorcycle if it's written off and less than two years old, and a hire car if your bike is stolen.
We don't currently have this brand on our panel. But don't fret! You can head to the Famous website or compare a bunch of other motorcycle insurance companies with finder.
What policy options does Famous Motorcycle offer?
Famous Motorcycle provides comprehensive insurance. This type of insurance covers you for everything from accidental damage and theft to flood and storm damage. An insurance policy with Famous Motorcycle will give you cover for the following:
- Accidental or malicious damage (including windscreen glass)
- Storm, flood or fire damage
- Theft or attempted theft
- Legal liability cover
- Training courses (cover for your motorcycle if it's used at a training course)
- Replacement motorcycle after a total loss for motorcycles less than two years old
- Recovery and towing
- Transportation by sea
- Up to $500 for emergency travel and accommodation expenses
- Up to $500 for emergency repairs
- Hire car after theft – up to $100 per day for 15 days
- $2,000 locks and keys cover
The policy also comes with a 15% discount on motorcycle insurance for riders over 40. You can also get optional riding gear cover added to your policy.
When won't I be covered?
You won't be covered for any of the following with Famous Motorcycle Insurance:
- If you were under the influence of any drug or alcohol or you had a blood alcohol reading in excess of what is permitted, or if you refused to undertake breath analysis. This includes anyone riding your motorcycle with your consent.
- If you or any named or unnamed rider were not licensed or authorised to ride your motorcycle.
- If your motorcycle was in an unsafe or unroadworthy condition.
- If you intentionally damaged your motorcycle.
- If you took your motorcycle outside of Australia.
- If your motorcycle was used in an experiment, test, trial, demonstration or to tow some other motorcycle.
- If your motorcycle was used to carry passengers or goods for hire, reward or any unlawful purpose.
- If your motorcycle was being used in a race, rally, trial, test or contest.
- If your motorcycle was being used for business use.
For a full list of exclusions, always read the product disclosure statement (PDS).
What excess will I be charged?
An excess is the amount you have to pay for each incident that leads to a claim. An excess applies to all claims under a Famous Motorcycle Insurance policy. You may have to pay more than one excess depending upon the age and experience of the named riders on the policy. The standard excesses you may be required to pay include the following:
- A basic excess: This is the first amount you need to pay towards every claim you make. The basic excess will be shown on your policy schedule and will vary depending on the age and experience of named riders and the type of motorcycle that you are insuring.
- An age or inexperienced rider excess: There is a $1,000 or $2,000 age or inexperienced rider excess on top of your basic excess if your motorcycle is being ridden by or is owned by a rider aged 25 or under. This excess is $1,000 for any person over the age of 25 who has held an Australian motorcycle rider licence for less than two years.
Keep in mind that these figures might change depending on Famous Motorcycle's overall assessment.
Making a claim
To ensure your claim is successful, you should tell Famous Motorcycle about the claim and give them all the required information as soon as it is safe to do so. This can be done by calling 1300 326 687 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you need to make a claim, you can choose your own repairer. Alternatively, Famous Motorcycle can recommend one.
When you make a claim, you will need to provide proof of ownership. This includes any items you are claiming for, such as riding apparel. Keep in mind that you will need to pay an excess when you make a claim and that the cover under a Famous Motorcycle policy is only available if the amount you are claiming for is more than the excess.
More guides on Finder
New international travel rules: Quarantine, visas, airlines and more [UPDATED]
When do flights resume? What are the quarantine rules? Can I get travel insurance? Expert answers to all your questions.
9 ways to save $2,800+ on your bills
An investment of a few hours could save you thousands of dollars – here's how to bring down your household bills.
3 dental insurance deals to put a dent in your post-lockdown dentist trip
Here's how you can unlock no-waiting-period dental with ahm, Peoplecare and HIF.
Travel insurance for seniors over 80
Travel insurance is an essential expense for anyone planning a trip overseas, though sometimes it can be difficult to find cover if you are over 80 years of age.
Travel Cancellation Insurance
Planning a holiday is a lot of fun, but what happens when something goes wrong and your plans are thrown into disarray? Cancellation travel insurance protects your holiday plans.
Income protection insurance brokers
The right insurance broker can assist you in finding the right policy by comparing the market based on your specific needs.
Life insurance broker: Do I need one?
Discover the benefits and drawbacks of using a life insurance broker.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 review: Robust and powerful, but not quite Samsung’s best
Samsung has made some much-needed improvements to the Galaxy Z Fold's durability and price point, but it's well worth considering what else you can get for less money.
Life Insurance for Smokers
Ever wondered how much more life insurance for smokers costs in Australia? Learn about how smoking and vaping can impact your policy.
Should I tell my life insurance company that I smoke?
Find out how smoking will impact what you pay for life insurance, and what you can do to have your premium reviewed.