Get specialist car insurance for your prestige vehicle with MB. Find cover for prestige, luxury, sports, high performance, classic and vintage vehicles
If you’re the owner of a prestige, luxury, high-performance or imported vehicle, finding suitable car insurance cover isn’t always easy. MB Insurance Group specialises in offering insurance solutions to suit all of these types of vehicles, allowing you to hit the road with confidence.
Underwritten by QBE Insurance, MB Prestige Motor Vehicle Insurance offers a wide range of benefits and is backed by a simple and convenient claims process.
What policies are available from MB?
MB Insurance offers one comprehensive cover option to Australian drivers:
- Prestige Motor Vehicle Insurance. Designed to suit the cover needs of owners of prestige, luxury, high-performance, vintage and imported vehicles, MB Motor Vehicle Insurance provides a long list of benefits. It provides cover for damage to your vehicle caused by accident, fire, theft, flood or storm, including an automatic replacement vehicle for cars less than four years old. Windscreens, personal effects, temporary repairs, and trailers and caravans are all included in cover, while $32.5 million of legal liability cover is included if you damage property or injure other people in an accident.
MB car insurance levels of cover
- Prestige Motor Vehicle Insurance
- Australia-wide cover for loss or damage caused by accident, fire, flood, storm or theft
- Automatic replacement vehicle for cars less than four years old
- $32.5 million legal liability cover
- Agreed value cover
- Your choice of repairer
- Lifetime no-claim bonus
- One excess-free window glass replacement
- Perfect for prestige, luxury, sports, vintage and imported cars
- $500 personal effects cover
- Lifetime guarantee on repairs
What won't I be covered for?
General exclusions applied to MB car insurance policies
As with any type of insurance, it’s important to check the list of general exclusions on your car insurance policy to find out when you won’t be covered. Your MB car insurance claim will not be paid if:
- Your vehicle was being driven by an unlicensed driver
- Your vehicle was being driven by someone under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- You allow a greater number of passengers in your vehicle than it was designed to carry, or you tow or carry a load greater than that which your vehicle was designed to tow or carry
- Your vehicle was being driven in an unsafe or unroadworthy condition
- Your vehicle was being used for an unlawful purpose
- Your vehicle was being used for an experiment, test, trial or demonstration in connection with the motor trade
- Your vehicle was being used to carry passengers for hire or reward
- Your vehicle was being used for any race, demonstration, test or driver training
- Your vehicle was being driven on a race track for any reason
- Your claim arises due to structural failure, mechanical, electrical or electronic malfunction, breakdown or non-operation
- Your claim arises due to wear and tear, rust or corrosion, depreciation or loss of use of your vehicle
- Your claim is for tyre damage caused by braking, road puncture, cuts or bursting
- You (or someone with your agreement or knowledge) deliberately damage or steal your vehicle or use it to deliberately damage someone else’s property or cause injury
- Your car is stolen after being left parked in the street overnight
- Your vehicle is repossessed or taken because it was security for a debt
What excess will I be charged?
When you make a claim on your MB insurance policy you will need to pay an excess, which is the amount you must contribute towards the cost of a claim. The amount of the standard excess will be shown on your certificate of insurance.
You will also need to pay an additional excess if the driver of your vehicle is aged 25 years and under and is not shown on the certificate of insurance. Once again, this excess amount will be shown on the certificate.
How to save on your MB car insurance policy
If you want to reduce the cost of your MB car insurance premium, keep the following factors in mind:
- Optional benefits. Adding the optional Extended Hire Car Cover benefit to your policy will increase the cost of cover.
- Where you park. The location and garaging arrangements for your vehicle can have a big influence on your premium amount.
- Your driving record. Avoiding accidents and traffic infringements will help keep your premium lower.
- No-claim bonus. A maximum no-claim bonus of up to 60% is available to “safe” drivers who do not make any claims on their MB Motor Vehicle Insurance policy.
Steps to claim with MB
If you’re involved in an accident, make sure to follow all necessary steps to ensure everyone’s safety and the proper processing of your claim. Gather the details of any third parties and witnesses, and do not admit any fault or liability. If your car is stolen, immediately contact police to report the theft.
Once the above steps have been taken you should contact the insurer (by phone or email) as soon as possible to begin the claims process. You will be sent a claim form and can then:
- Complete the claim form
- Obtain a quote from your chosen repairer(s)
- Leave the claim form with the repairer who will arrange with the insurer to have the vehicle assessed
In the case of theft, you do not need to find a repairer and can instead return the claim form to MB.
Who underwrites MB Prestige Motor Vehicle Insurance?
The policy is underwritten by QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited.
How can I pay my premiums?
MB offers the following premium payment options: cash, cheque, electronic funds transfer or credit card.
Is there a cooling-off period?
Yes, you have 21 days after taking out cover to decide whether this policy meets your needs. If it doesn’t and you decide to cancel within this 21-day period, your premium will be refunded.
Is market value cover available?
No, MB Insurance only offers the option of insuring your car for an agreed value.
Are my personal effects covered following an accident or theft?
Yes, MB Prestige Motor Vehicle Insurance provides $500 cover for your personal effects.
If you drive a vintage, sports, luxury or imported vehicle that is hard to insure anywhere else, make sure to add MB Insurance to your shortlist of cover providers to consider. Compare MB Prestige Motor Vehicle Insurance with a range of other specialist car insurance policies at finder.com.au and find the right cover for your four-wheeled pride and joy.