Protect the car of the future in the here and now with InsureMyTesla motor vehicle insurance
InsureMyTesla is comprehensive motor vehicle insurance for Tesla electric-powered vehicles. Underwritten by QBE Insurance, one of the world’s largest insurers, it provides a range of benefits and covers accidental loss or damage to your Tesla vehicle.
InsureMyTesla policy benefits
Benefits of InsureMyTesla include:
- New for old. Replacement of your vehicle with one of the same model and series if written off within 36 months from first registration (applies to both new and demo vehicles).
- Connector damage. Cover for damage to the Tesla Home Wall connector (standard excess applies).
- Legal liability. Covers legal liability for damage to third party property caused by your Tesla vehicle (includes legal costs and damages awarded).
- Locks and keys. Covers lock and key replacement if lost, damaged or destroyed.
- Hire car. Covers the cost of a hire car after your Tesla vehicle is stolen or involved in an accident.
- Trailer. Covers damage to a trailer your Tesla vehicle tows.
- Towing. Covers the cost of towing your Tesla vehicle after an accident.
- Any driver. Covers any person driving your vehicle, not just those listed on your policy.
Offering a choice of authorised Tesla repairers and with easy-to-understand pricing for improved Total Cost of Ownership, InsureMyTesla provides comprehensive protection for your Tesla vehicle.
General exclusions which apply to InsureMyTesla vehicle insurance include:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Driving without a valid licence
- Driving an unregistered vehicle
- Using your vehicle for unlawful purposes
- Using your vehicle on a race track
- Using your vehicle for driver instruction
- Using your vehicle for hire
- Using your vehicle as a taxi or for ride sharing
- Driving your vehicle in an unsafe or unroadworthy condition
- Overloading your vehicle
Making a claim
Things to do after an incident include:
- Ensure everyone is safe
- Take precautions to prevent further loss or damage
- Inform the police if required by law to do so
- Take details of everyone involved including any witnesses to the incident
- Call QBE Insurance as soon as possible to report the incident
- Complete a claim form and provide any information required in support of your claim
- Pay your excess
Things you should not do include:
- Admit guilt or fault, except in a court or to the police
- Offer to pay a claim or make repairs
- Admit liability
- Dispose of damaged items without authorisation
- Authorise repairs, apart from essential temporary repairs
- Delay in informing QBE about an incident, which may reduce the amount paid for your claim
- Give false or misleading information