Looking for car insurance that rewards you for how often and safe you drive? You could benefit from Youi car insurance.
If you’re looking for basic car insurance protection or an automotive policy that offers comprehensive peace of mind, Youi offers the following car insurance options: Comprehensive Car Insurance, Third Party Fire and Theft Insurance, and Third Party Property Only Insurance.
Cover can be tailored closer to your needs through a range of additional benefits to choose from including hire car replacement and theft of tools. What's more, Youi prides itself on helping you save further by basing your premium on how much you actually use your car and your driving record. You will also be provided with emergency roadside assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on your comprehensive car insurance policy.
Youi underwrites its own policies and is part of the Rand Merchant Insurance Holdings Group. This review will provide an overview of the different policies available from Youi and what exactly is and isn’t covered.
Comparison of Youi Car Insurance Policies
- Comprehensive. Designed to offer ultimate peace of mind, Youi Comprehensive Car Insurance offers cover for a wide range of insured events and is also available with several optional extras to allow you to increase your level of cover. Other benefits include legal liability cover, cover for additions to the car and also for contents stored in your vehicle.
- Third Party Fire and Theft. More affordable than a Comprehensive policy, Third Party Fire and Theft Car Insurance from Youi is a mid-range policy option that provides a reasonably broad range of cover to suit a wide range of budgets. It provides $20 million of legal liability cover if your car causes damage to someone else’s property, and also offers protection against damage caused by risks such as fire and theft. Other benefits, such as cover for towing costs and the contents inside your vehicle, are also provided.
- Third Party Property Only. This entry-level policy provides basic cover for those who only want insurance for the essentials. It provides legal liability cover if your car causes damage to someone else’s property, while your immediate replacement vehicle is covered for a limited time after you trade in your first car. Cover is also included if you ever find yourself in the unfortunate situation where an uninsured driver causes accidental damage to your vehicle.
|Benefits||Comprehensive||Third Party, Fire and Theft||Third Party Property Only|
|Storm or Flood||Yes||No||No|
|Emergency Accommodation, Transport and Repairs||Yes||Yes||No|
|Additions to the Car:|
|-Baby Seat Replacement||Yes||Yes||No|
|-Personalised Registration Plates||Yes||Yes||No|
|Locks and Keys||Yes||Yes||No|
|Contents Inside the Car||Yes||Yes||No|
|Immediate Replacement Car||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Hire Car Following a Theft||Yes||Yes||No|
|Hire Car for Other Insured Events||o*||o*||No|
|Youi Assist - Roadside||Yes||No||No|
|Tools of Trade||o*||o*||o*|
*o stands for "Option" which needs to be purchased separately.Back to top
- Comprehensive. Youi Comprehensive Car Insurance covers your vehicle against accidental and intentional damage, as well as against damage caused by storm or flood, fire, theft and earthquake. If you’re more than 100km from home and involved in an accident that results in your car being unsafe to drive, Youi provides cover for your emergency accommodation, transport and repairs. Other benefits include $20 million of legal liability cover and cover for towing costs, additions to the car, contents inside the car, a hire car following theft, cover for your immediate replacement car and maritime liability protection.
- Third Party Fire and Theft. This policy option from Youi provides $20 million of legal liability cover if your car causes damage to someone else’s property, while your immediate replacement car will be covered for up to 14 days after you trade in your first car. This policy also offers protection against damage caused by fire, theft and earthquake, and includes cover for towing costs and the contents inside your vehicle. In addition, if you’re more than 100km from home and involved in an accident that means your car isn’t safe to drive, Youi provides cover for your emergency accommodation, transport and repairs.
- Third Party Property Only. Youi Third Party Property Only Car Insurance provides $20 million of legal liability cover if your car causes damage to someone else’s property, while your immediate replacement car will be covered for up to 14 days after you trade in your first car. Up to $5,000 of cover is also included for when an uninsured driver causes accidental damage to your vehicle, while maritime liability cover is included as well.
Youi will not pay your Car Insurance claim if:
- It is for loss or damage to any illegal property or item
- It is for loss or damage caused by theft or attempted theft by deception
- It is for legal liability for death or personal injury to anyone who should be covered under a statutory compensation scheme
- It is for any event that occurred before cover started or after it ended
- You admit liability that would otherwise have not existed under law
- It arises due to the intentional and deliberate acts or omissions of you or anyone else insured under the policy
- It arises due to any illegal activity, or while your property is being used for any illegal activity
- It is for fines, penalties or aggravated or exemplary damages
- It arises due to the lawful repossession, confiscation or destruction of an insured item or insured property
- It is for any event or any court or tribunal judgment that occurred outside Australia
- It arises due to wear and tear, rust or corrosion
- It arises due to a process of cleaning, restoring, repairing or modifying any insured property
- It is a result of mechanical, electrical or electronic breakdown or failure
- It is caused by poor or faulty design, materials or workmanship
- It arises due to an act of war or looting, rioting or civil commotion
- It is for repair or replacement of a windscreen or window that was already damaged when cover started
- It is for loss of value or depreciation to the vehicle
- It is for tyre damage caused by wear and tear, punctures or deflation
- It results because the car was being driven by someone who did not have your permission to drive (except if the vehicle was stolen)
- It arises because the car was driven by someone who doesn’t have a valid driver’s licence
- It is caused by the car being driven by someone under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- It arises because the car is being used in a reckless manner
- It arises because the car is driven in an unsafe or unroadworthy condition
- It is caused by the use of the incorrect fuel or oil
The cost of your Youi Car Insurance premium can be influenced by a range of factors, including:
- The make, model and age of the car. A high-powered, luxury sports car will obviously cost more to insure than a zippy little runabout.
- What the car is used for. How often your car is driven and where will be taken into account.
- The address where you park the car. Your car could be more at risk of suffering loss or damage in certain areas, for example, theft or storm damage.
- Security where you park the car. Cars kept in secure, locked garages overnight are cheaper to cover than vehicles which are left parked on the street.
- The age, driving history and claims experience of all drivers. These factors will be considered to determine the likelihood of you making a claim.
- Any extra benefits you include. Available options include a hire car for other insured events, as well as cover for tools of trade, unbraked trailers, and gap cover if your vehicle still has outstanding finance.
- The payment method you choose. Contact Youi for information on the most affordable way to pay your Car Insurance premiums.
- Admin costs, taxes and government charges. Check with the insurer for details about the additional fees and charges that may apply in your state or territory.
- The excess you choose. If you select a higher excess you will receive a lower premium.
You’ll need to pay an excess whenever you make a claim under your Youi Car Insurance policy. A basic excess is payable for each and every claim you make, and you may be given the option of selecting your excess amount (which will also affect the cost of premiums).
You may also need to pay an additional excess in certain circumstances, which are detailed on your policy schedule, or if your claim arises because your vehicle was being driven by someone not listed on your insurance policy.
Finally, Youi also offers the option of paying an extra premium to reduce the excess payable on claims for windscreen damage.
- Provide details. Youi aims to differentiate itself from other insurers by asking more questions when you apply for cover. This allows it to offer insurance tailored to suit your needs, which means you will only pay for the insurance protection you need.
- Choose a higher excess. This will, in turn, lead to more affordable car insurance premiums.
- Choose a lower level of cover. If you don’t want the high level of cover offered by Comprehensive Car Insurance, you can save money by choosing a lower level of cover.
- Minimise your options. Adding extra benefits to your policy will increase your premium.
If you need to make a claim under your Youi policy, keep in mind that each claim can only relate to one incident. It’s essential that you remember to take all reasonable steps in order to minimise and prevent any loss or damage, while you must also allow the insurer to inspect any damaged goods or property for which you are lodging a claim.Back to top
Q. Will my current ‘no claims discount’ from another insurer be taken into account?
- Yes. Youi considers your claims history when determining the cost of your premium.
Q. Does Youi also insure motorcycles?
- Yes. Youi’s Comprehensive, Third Party Fire and Theft, and Third Party Property Only policies are all offered to motorcycle riders.
Q. Are my mods and accessories covered?
- Youi covers modifications to improve your vehicle’s performance or handling as long as you tell the insurer about them when you apply for cover. Examples of covered modifications and accessories include engine replacement, raised or lowered suspension, disability modifications and personalised plates.
Q. Does Youi also offer roadside assistance?
- Yes. Emergency roadside assistance is automatically included in cover for Comprehensive policyholders.
Q. How much will my car be insured for?
- You can choose to insure your car at market value (the replacement cost determined when loss or damage occurs) or agreed value (the amount that you nominate).
If you’re looking for insurance cover for your vehicle, regardless of whether you want comprehensive protection or insurance on a budget, Youi offers policies to suit a variety of needs. Compare Youi’s policies with other options to start searching for the right cover for you.