Enjoy new for old replacement on vehicles less than two years old and a comprehensive range of benefits with Guild car insurance.
Guild Insurance is an Australian-owned and operated insurer that has been looking after the cover needs of its customers since 1963. If you’re looking for car insurance that can give you the peace of mind you need to hit the road, Guild’s comprehensive car insurance offers new car replacement for cars less than two years old, your choice of repairer and a wide range of other benefits.
What policies are available from Guild
Comprehensive car insurance
Comprehensive car insurance from Guild covers your vehicle against loss, damage or theft anywhere in Australia. This includes new for old replacement of vehicles less than two years old, as well as cover for your trailer, emergency repairs and towing costs. Your personal effects and a hire car after theft are also included in cover, while the policy provides up to $20 million of legal liability protection when your vehicle is involved in an accident that causes death or bodily injury to other people or damage to someone else’s property.
Guild car insurance levels of cover
Comprehensive car insurance
- Australia-wide cover
- Covers loss, theft and damage
- Choice of agreed or market value cover
- New vehicle replacement for cars up to 2 years old
- Emergency repairs and accommodation
- Hire car after theft
What won't be covered?
Guild comprehensive car insurance will not cover your claim if:
- Your vehicle was being used for something other than a permitted use
- Your vehicle was being driven by an unlicensed person or someone who was not authorised to drive it
- It is for theft of your vehicle while being shown for sale (unless you were a driver or passenger at the time)
- Your vehicle was being driven by someone under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Your vehicle was engaged in any form of racing
- Your car or any trailer attached to it was being used while overloaded
- Your vehicle was being used in connection with your occupation, trade or business
- It is for loss or damage to vehicle modifications (unless the insurer has agreed to cover them)
- Your vehicle was being used while in an unsafe or unroadworthy condition
- It is for tyre damage caused by braking or by road punctures, cuts or bursts
- It is for loss of use, depreciation, wear and tear, rust or corrosion
- It is for mechanical, structural, electrical or electronic breakdown or failure
- It is caused by an intentional act by you or by a person acting with your consent
- Your car was being used to carry passengers for hire or reward
- Your car was being used outside Australia
- It is caused by the lawful repossession of your vehicle
Guild car insurance excess
When you make a claim under your policy, you may be required to pay an excess. The following excesses may apply to your policy:
- Standard excess. This is the minimum amount you must contribute to each claim.
- Age excess. This excess applies in addition to the standard excess for drivers who are under the age of 25.
- Inexperienced driver excess. If you’re a learner driver or a driver who is over 24 years of age but have not held your Australian licence for two consecutive years or more, the inexperienced driver excess applies.
- Imposed excess. An imposed excess may replace the standard excess on your policy at the insurer’s discretion based on your insurance history, driving record, vehicle type or other factors.
How to save on your Guild car insurance policy
There are several things you can do to reduce the cost of your Guild car insurance premiums, such as:
- Choose a higher excess. This will result in lower premiums.
- Keep your car garaged. Cars kept in a locked garage overnight are cheaper to cover than cars parked on the street.
- Drive less. The greater the distance you drive each year, the more your comprehensive car insurance policy will cost.
- Choose market value cover. Agreed value cover tends to cost more than market value cover.
- Fit security devices to your vehicle. This will reduce the risk of theft and therefore lower your premiums.
- Don’t select extra-cost benefits. Adding extra benefits to your policy will increase the premium.
- Discounts. Guild Insurance offers special promotional discounts from time to time. Keep an eye out for these when applying for cover.
Making a claim
If you need to make a claim on your Guild comprehensive car insurance policy, you can phone the insurer’s claims hotline. You’ll need the following information ready when you call:
- Your policy number
- A detailed description of the events that caused your claim
- The name, address and phone number of anyone involved in the incident (including witnesses)
- Police report details (if your claim is for theft or malicious damage)
- GST details, for example your ABN
- An estimate of the loss or damage to your vehicle
Your claims adviser will be able to guide you through the process and help you get a repair quote.
Who issues Guild comprehensive car insurance?
The policy is issued by Guild Insurance Limited.
How long is the cooling-off period?
Guild car insurance features a 21-day cooling-off period. This means you can cancel cover within 21 days of purchasing a policy and receive a 100% refund.
Can I pay my premium in monthly instalments?
Yes, you can pay your premium in monthly instalments or as an annual lump sum.
Which vehicles are covered under the policy’s new for old replacement benefit?
New car replacement is provided if your vehicle, which is less than two years old from the date of original registration and has covered less than 60,000km, is a total loss.
Are there any additional options available with cover?
Yes, the following optional benefits are available when you pay an additional premium:
- Hire car following accident
- Excess-free windscreen cover
- Cover for drivers under the age of 25
Will I need to pay an excess when I make a claim for windscreen damage?
Yes, an excess is payable unless you have selected the excess-free windscreen optional additional cover.
Guild car insurance is well worth a look if you’re searching for comprehensive cover for your vehicle. However, remember to compare it with policies from a variety of other insurers before deciding whether it offers the right cover for you.