Comprehensive cover for a carefree mind.
When it comes to cover, there’s a dizzying array of things to consider. A car has many things that can go wrong, and there are numerous types of policies to insure against everything from an at-fault accident to forgetting to put the handbrake on.
While there are a lot of insurers out there who offer all kinds of options and additional cover, the trick is deciding which one is really worth it.
With all this in mind, we are taking a look at AI Comprehensive Car Insurance to see if it can tick all the right boxes for you.
Compare policies from AI car insurance
What we like about this policy
Owning a car brings with it a lot of concerns. AI’s Comprehensive Car insurance is aware of this and tries to cover all calamities.
With AI, you’re covered for liability for up to $20 million in the event of:
- accidental damage to your own or another’s vehicle or property
- natural damage like storms, hail, flood and fire
- theft, vandalism and other destructive acts
Pretty much every event that could see you shedding a tear over your beloved car is covered.
Moreover, it’s not just covering what goes wrong, but also everything that is possibly associated with your claim. The policy includes:
- a replacement car for 12 months or 20,000km
- transit cover
- cover for damage to any personal items that were in the car at the time
- emergency travel and accommodation
For all your worst nightmare scenarios that could happen to your vehicle, AI Comprehensive car insurance should ease your worries so you can focus on enjoying the drive.
What is covered?
- Any accident that results in damage, no matter who is at-fault, as well as any damage from vandalism
- Severe elements such as storm, hail, flood and fire
- Theft and recovery. Even if your car is snatched up in the dark of night and disappears without a trace, you're covered
- New locks and keys (for example, if someone pinches your keys your key from the gym or your locks are wrecked from an attempted break-in)
- Additional costs from towing and storage
- Any applicable modifications and accessories
- Emergency travel and accommodation
- Essential repairs, including cover for personal effects and even the baby capsule or child car seats that might have been in the car during the accident
- A new replacement car for the next 12 months or 20,000km
- Third-party property damage cover for the rental car
What additional options should I consider?
While the comprehensive cover is quite comprehensive, there are a few things you need to consider.
- Excess-free windscreen cover: No excess on your first claim each year for repair or replacement of your windscreen, window glass or sunroof when damaged by any event covered by the policy.
- TradieSure cover: If you’re a tradie carrying your own tool, AI’s TradieSure cover insures everything already listed, with additional cover for the damage to any goods in transit due to collision or theft, loss of tools as a result of theft and for loss or damage to your trailer. There’s also a finance gap cover for up to 20% of the market value or agreed settlement amount, as well as a tax audit cover up to a maximum of $5,000
Are there any exclusions I should be aware of?
- Using the car illegally
- Damage caused by law enforcement while pursuing you
- Failing to comply with the terms and conditions of the policy
- Physical deterioration and weathering
- Acts of terrorism and war
- Damage to stickers, vinyl wrap or other advertising material on your car
Why comprehensive cover?
Deciding on which cover to get can feel like a bit of coin flip, but there are a few things to consider.
Firstly, third party covers damage to other vehicles as the result of an accident declared your fault, but your car’s damage is on you.
A comprehensive car insurance policy covers you for pretty much everything. Whether you’re at fault or not, or if you were there to witness it or not and however it may be lost, damaged or destroyed, you get peace of mind knowing you are covered.
The final decision will rest on how worried you are about something bad happening to your car. As good a driver as one can be, accidents can happen and comprehensive cover will take the sting out of any that may befall you.
If you are still on your first affordable car, then the additional cost of comprehensive may not be worth it. However if you have bought a new car or have grown a fond attachment to your set of wheels then comprehensive cover may be the cover you’re looking for.
Other things to know about AI’s Comprehensive policy
AI includes a 14-day cooling-off period, allowing you a bit of breathing room to decide if Comprehensive is right for you. During this time you can cancel your policy for a full refund, provided you have not made a claim.