1300 Car Insurance Review.
Getting your car insured is no less important to ongoing servicing at the mechanic, probably more so. Finding the right car insurance policy is a matter of comparing the different options available to find one that offers suitable cover at a suitable price. 1300 Car Insurance aspires to provide simple yet comprehensive car insurance for a range of different car owners. 1300 Car Insurance gives you the benefit of choosing from the budget cover options that range from low to high with a choice of different benefit levels. Cover can be taken out entirely over the phone or online saving you great time and hassle.
Discover the benefits of this taking out cover with this popular insurer.
We don't currently have this brand on our panel. But don't fret! You can head to the 1300 car insurance website or compare a bunch of other car insurance companies with finder.
A one stop shop for all car insurance cover requirements, 1300 Car Insurance is a division of 1300 Group Pty Ltd and is run by insurance industry experts. The experts at 1300 Car Insurance not only suggest the insurance policies for your car but also offer the optimum benefit to you at the lowest costs available in the market. The company excels in offering the insurance solutions in Australia for various needs like business, life, travel, cars and pets.
Arranging insurance with 1300 Insurance is an easy process, with customers able to take out cover entirely online or over the phone. If you are apprehensive about sharing your personal details online, you will receive a certified assurance from 1300 Insurance. The company makes use of an SSL certificate from Verisign that ensures that all sensitive data is very well encrypted. As a 1300 Insurance customer you will be assisted by their friendly contact centre staff in state-of-the-art call centres located on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland and in Sydney.Back to top
The company has made considerable efforts to understand the needs of clients and has come up with a range of different policies to meet different cover requirements. There are many options to choose from while finalising insurance cover with 1300 Car Insurance. All the details pertaining to the cover are mentioned online and you get ample time to review each option and choose the one most suitable for you. You just have to request a quote on their website, which you can do any time, 24 hours a day.
After filling in all your details, you just need to make a call to the number provided and with the assistance of a consultant you can purchase the policy of your choice.
It is worth noting that there are specific times for making the call, however, which are 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday. On Saturdays you can call between 8am and 5pm. You are requested to refer to the Product Disclosure Statement to get details for each policy option; this will help you in making a well-informed decision.
Gold comprehensive car insurance
As the name suggests, this is the most comprehensive cover offered by 1300 car insurance.
- Third party property damage option which will provide cover for any damage caused to another drivers vehicle or property
- There are a number of additional benefits along with this cover that include a $5,000 death benefit cover and a $500 cover in case of theft of or damage to child restraints in the car
- This insurance policy also provides $500 in cover for personal effects in case of theft, forced entry or an accident
- Personal effects include cover for damage to or theft of personal belongings present in the car at the time of the incident
- If you require a remote or key replacement a $1,000 insurance cover is provided
For a limited time purchase Gold Comprehensive Cover Online to Save 10%.
Third party fire and theft
This insurance solution offers the same cover as the third party plan with additional cover for fire or theft. The standard features are offered to all clients irrespective of the plan they choose and include benefits and services such as;
- Cover arranged entirely online or over the phone with no forms
- 21-day money back guarantee period
- Competitive pricing
With this plan the company also offers optional extra benefits including;
- Limited driver discounts
If you want to choose the most basic insurance cover offered at 1300 Car Insurance, then third party car insurance might be for you. This is a budget cover available at the lowest possible cost and offers great benefits even if you cause damage to someone else’s property. Therefore, if your car is undamaged but you end up paying for loss or damage to someone else’s car, you don’t have to worry as 1300 Car Insurance is there to assist you. Besides the great standard features like;
- 21-day money back guarantee
- Low premiums
- Yearly or monthly repayments
You are also entitled to benefits like restricted driver discounts.Back to top
Making premium payments with 1300 Car Insurance is an easy process. You can make the payments online with debit or credit cards. You can choose to make monthly payments or can make one payment a year. The insurance company’s online payment process is not only easy, it also assures you 100% that your sensitive data and information are kept safe.
For any questions you might have regarding your policy, you can call the 1300’s team of insurance consultants or visit the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page for more details. The company’s experts will inform you about the options and benefits along with the terms and conditions. It is critical that you read through the product disclosure statement prior to application to ensure you know exactly what you are covered for.Back to top
There are certain conditions which are excluded from 1300 car insurance cover. At the time the policy is arranged, the names of specific family members are mentioned on the certificate. If the car is driven by someone not mentioned on the insurance certificate, 1300 is not required to pay the insurance claim.
Other general exclusions that apply to the policy include:
- The person driving not having a valid license at the time of the incident
- The driver being under the influence of alcohol or recreational drugs
- The car being used for carrying goods for payment, for giving driving lessons or being used for hire
- The car being used for purposes like trials, rallies and racing
- The car owner is somehow connected with the motor business apart from the commercial servicing objectives
- The damage caused is due to overloading, or the car was driven in an unsafe location
- If changes are made in the original design of the car, this should be done after an agreement with the insurance company, or the insurance will not be paid
- When a driver leaves the scene of an accident and in situations when the car value is reduced due to a repair
- Routine damage like tyre puncture and bursts
- Any event that has occurred outside of Australia
- Any accident occurring when the vehicle is being used to carry flammable, toxic or explosive goods
- Loss or damage to the car due to structural, electronic and mechanical problems
- Computer program breakdowns
The cost of 1300 Car Insurance depends largely on the type of risks to be covered under a specific policy, and also on certain other factors which are decided by 1300. When determining the policy premium, 1300 will consider;
- Driver’s age
- How the vehicle is used
- Insurance record history
- Driving offence history
Other financial factors that tend to affect the cost of insurance include the intermediary commission, and government charges like taxes or other relevant charges. As these financial factors may change at any time in the year, the price of the policy can change at the time of policy renewal as well. Owing to these changes a person may be required to pay an increased amount at the time of policy renewal.Back to top
Making a claim for insurance is a very easy process with 1300 Car Insurance. Simply phone the 1300 claims department inform the available claim consultant about the situation.
Payment of an excess helps to reduce the number of small claims and keeps down your insurance premiums. An excess is the first amount you must contribute towards the cost of each incident which is the subject of a claim, except as shown below.
The total excess you may have to contribute to a claim is the sum of the basic excess and all of the additional excesses which apply and are shown on your insurance certificate.
Excess and no claims discount
You do not have to pay any excess if the car is involved in a no fault accident with another vehicle and the amount of your claim is more than the basic excess. You will not lose your No Claims Discount (NCD) on renewal if a claim is for window glass only.
You will not lose any NCD with the company on renewal if the car is involved in a no fault accident with another vehicle. For other claims, your NCD will be reduced on renewal by two years for each claim and the cost of insurance may increase accordingly. Different terms apply if you have purchased NCD protection.