Cheap car hire and rental in Noosa
Discover unbeatable car hire deals for your road trip around Noosa.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Noosa is a resort town on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast. Located within the Noosa Biosphere Reserve, there’s a beach down every road, adventure around every corner, and luxury within arm’s reach.
The local driving routes are so popular that the council has dedicated a website to self-driving holidays.
Read on for top deals on car hire, important road rules, best-loved driving routes and frequently asked questions about car hire in Noosa.
Top deals on car hire in Noosa
What companies offer car hire from Noosa Airport
Noosa doesn't have an airport, however Sunshine Coast Airport is just 40 minute drive away and offers car rental from numerous companies. These include:
Who offers luxury car hire in Noosa?
Road rules: What to know about driving in Noosa
- Drive on the left. This is universal throughout Australia.
- In urban areas, the default speed limit is 50km/h. In rural areas it is 100km/h, and on motorways it is 110km/h.
- School zone speed limits apply at certain times on school days. Signs will inform you when you need to obey the lower speed limit, which is usually 10 to 20km lower than the default speed limit.
- You cannot turn left at a red light. This is illegal, except when road signs at an intersection specifically indicate otherwise.
- Maintain a 1-metre gap when passing cyclists at speeds up to 60km/h. Above 60km, the minimum gap increases to 1.5m between your vehicle and the cyclist.
Popular Noosa driving routes
- Central Loop. The Great Sandy National Park, Lake Macdonald, Mount Cooroora, the charming towns of Pomona and Cooroy, and the picturesque beaches of Boreen Point await you on this 91km drive. Take your time, stretch your legs, meet some locals and make a day of it.
- Northern Loop. This route is 146km long and is recommended as a day trip. Travelling through the hinterland to Boreen Point, you’ll find yourself on the shores of Lake Cootharaba. From here, choose from an off-road route via Harry’s Hut and Rainbow Beach, or a sealed road to Kin Kin. Make the most of the walking trails, rainforests, beautiful countryside and serene views.
- Point Arkwright. A shorter drive at 32km, this route takes about 30 minutes, but is best appreciated over a couple of hours. David Low Way takes you from Noosa to Point Arkwright via one of Queensland’s most beautiful stretches of coastline. Stop for a cuppa at Coolum or Peregian Beach, or perhaps have a picnic at one of the many lookouts.
Frequently asked questions about car hire in Noosa
Who offers cheap car hire from Sunshine Coast airport?
I'm on my provisional licence. Can I drive in Noosa?
Yes. However, you need to obey Queensland’s provisional licence rules, regardless of the state in which your licence was issued.
How does car insurance work?
Your car hire company may insure your vehicle as part of the deal, but you can also purchase insurance from another provider.However you insure your car, make sure you select a level of excess that suits your budget and plans. For more information on hire car insurance and to compare policies, click here.
More guides on Finder
Where to book 4WD hire
Ready to hit the open road on an off-road adventure? Book your 4WD at these rental companies for less.
Soak up the sun at these 8 Noosa resorts
Pick the perfect resort for your next tropical getaway with our top picks on the Noosa coast.
Compare Noosa hotels | Find your perfect stay in the Queensland gem
Make that dream holiday to the Sunshine Coast a reality with these deals on the best accommodation in Noosa.
Queensland travel restrictions | What’s open in October 2020?
Here’s everything you need to know about travelling in Australia’s sunshine state in October 2020.
Holiday homes in Noosa
Wake up to ocean views by choosing to stay in a holiday home on your upcoming trip to Noosa.
Holiday houses on the Sunshine Coast
Pack your togs and hit the water like a local by booking a holiday home on the Sunshine Coast at one of these top sites.
Best remote beaches in Australia you’ll practically have to yourself
We found the top remote beaches in Australia so that you can venture off of the tourist trail and experience pristine beaches all to yourself.
DiDi car rentals
Find out more about how you can be a driver with DiDi, even if you don't own your own car. Rent a car and start making money using the ridesharing platform.
Cheap flights to Queensland you can book in 2020
Secure flights to Brisbane, Cairns, Gold Coast, Townsville and more with this guide to finding cheap flights to Queensland.
34 Black Friday travel deals that have already landed for 2019
Nab up to 85% off Groupon holidays, 60% off Expedia hotels, 20% off Trafalgar trips and more.
Ask an Expert