Cheap car hire and rental in Noosa
Discover unbeatable car hire deals for your road trip around Noosa.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Noosa is a resort town on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast. Located within the Noosa Biosphere Reserve, there’s a beach down every road, adventure around every corner, and luxury within arm’s reach.
The local driving routes are so popular that the council has dedicated a website to self-driving holidays.
Read on for top deals on car hire, important road rules, best-loved driving routes and frequently asked questions about car hire in Noosa.
Top deals on car hire in Noosa
What companies offer car hire from Noosa Airport
Noosa doesn't have an airport, however Sunshine Coast Airport is just 40 minute drive away and offers car rental from numerous companies. These include:
Who offers luxury car hire in Noosa?
Road rules: What to know about driving in Noosa
- Drive on the left. This is universal throughout Australia.
- In urban areas, the default speed limit is 50km/h. In rural areas it is 100km/h, and on motorways it is 110km/h.
- School zone speed limits apply at certain times on school days. Signs will inform you when you need to obey the lower speed limit, which is usually 10 to 20km lower than the default speed limit.
- You cannot turn left at a red light. This is illegal, except when road signs at an intersection specifically indicate otherwise.
- Maintain a 1-metre gap when passing cyclists at speeds up to 60km/h. Above 60km, the minimum gap increases to 1.5m between your vehicle and the cyclist.
Popular Noosa driving routes
- Central Loop. The Great Sandy National Park, Lake Macdonald, Mount Cooroora, the charming towns of Pomona and Cooroy, and the picturesque beaches of Boreen Point await you on this 91km drive. Take your time, stretch your legs, meet some locals and make a day of it.
- Northern Loop. This route is 146km long and is recommended as a day trip. Travelling through the hinterland to Boreen Point, you’ll find yourself on the shores of Lake Cootharaba. From here, choose from an off-road route via Harry’s Hut and Rainbow Beach, or a sealed road to Kin Kin. Make the most of the walking trails, rainforests, beautiful countryside and serene views.
- Point Arkwright. A shorter drive at 32km, this route takes about 30 minutes, but is best appreciated over a couple of hours. David Low Way takes you from Noosa to Point Arkwright via one of Queensland’s most beautiful stretches of coastline. Stop for a cuppa at Coolum or Peregian Beach, or perhaps have a picnic at one of the many lookouts.
Frequently asked questions about car hire in Noosa
Who offers cheap car hire from Sunshine Coast airport?
I'm on my provisional licence. Can I drive in Noosa?
Yes. However, you need to obey Queensland’s provisional licence rules, regardless of the state in which your licence was issued.
How does car insurance work?
Your car hire company may insure your vehicle as part of the deal, but you can also purchase insurance from another provider.However you insure your car, make sure you select a level of excess that suits your budget and plans. For more information on hire car insurance and to compare policies, click here.
More guides on Finder
Amazon Prime Day Australia 2021: All the best deals from Day 2
Here are all the best deals from Amazon Prime Day Australia's second day - including the return of dirt-cheap Nintendo Switch consoles.
Prime Day deal: $100 off Sony’s ‘Bose Killing’ Headphones
Get 33% off Sony WH1000XM3 Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones during Amazon Prime Day 2021. Here's how to get the deal before it disappears.
How to get $90.95 off Nintendo Switch with Amazon Prime
Amazon Australia is selling the Nintendo Switch video game console for $349 during Prime Day - that's over $120 off the RRP.
Amazon Prime Day’s best deals on big-ticket items: Up to 46% off
From Segways to stand-up paddleboards, these are the best Prime Day savings on the most expensive items.
Nacon RIG 500 Pro HC Gen 2 review: Super comfortable gaming headphones
The Nacon Rig 500 Pro HC headphones have wide console and PC compatibility, Dolby Atmos licensing and a genuinely comfortable design, even for longer gaming sessions.
Oppo Find X3 Neo 5G review: Oppo’s better flagship phone
The Oppo Find X3 Neo lacks the utter flagship features of the Find X3 Pro, but you won't miss them, while you will enjoy its lower price point.
7 health insurance deals to save you money at tax time
Avoid the MLS tax and get a rebate by taking out health insurance. Here are 7 deals that’ll save you money on your tax returns.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Milton Corporation (MLT ↑16.0%), Oneview Healthcare (ONE ↑12.8%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Tuesday 22 June 2021.
Mobile plans are now more expensive, but here’s a hack to save $200 a year
Telstra, Optus and Vodafone keep raising their prices even as the rest of the market is more affordable than ever.
Ask an Expert