Capfin Money Medium Amount Loan
Borrow up to $5,000 with 18 months to repay with a Capfin Money Medium Amount Loan.
Capfin Money offer medium amount payday loans. These loans may be useful for unexpected financial emergencies of a larger nature - such as medical expenses or if someone is hit with more than one unexpected expense at any one time. Capfin Money offers medium amount loans up to $5,000, giving customers up to to repay with an annual interest rate of 48%.
Maximum loan amount
6 to 18 months
Term of loan
|Product Name||Capfin Money Medium Amount Loan|
|Minimum loan amount||$2,005|
|Maximum loan amount||$5,000|
|Loan term||6 to 18 months|
|Costs||$400 establishment fee + 48% p.a.|
|Requirements||You must be a permanent resident at least 18 years old earning $500 p/w|
|Available to Centrelink Borrowers?||Yes|
Are you struggling financially?
If you're struggling financially and would like to speak to someone for free financial advice, information and assistance you can call the Financial Counsellors hotline on 1800 007 007 (open from 9:30am to 4pm, Monday to Friday). If you are suffering financial problems related to the coronavirus pandemic you may be eligible for additional support. Find out more here: https://www.finder.com.au/coronavirus-financial-help
⚠️ Warning about Borrowing
Do you really need a loan today?*
It can be expensive to borrow small amounts of money and borrowing may not solve your money problems.
Check your options before you borrow:
- For information about other options for managing bills and debts, ring 1800 007 007 from anywhere in Australia to talk to a free and independent financial counsellor
- Talk to your electricity, gas, phone or water provider to see if you can work out a payment plan
- If you are on government benefits, ask if you can receive an advance from Centrelink: Phone: 13 17 94
The Government's MoneySmart website shows you how small amount loans work and suggests other options that may help you.
* This statement is an Australian Government requirement under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009.
How does a Capfin Money Medium Amount Loan work?
With a Capfin Money Medium Amount Loan, customers can borrow from $2,005 to $5,000 with a loan term of 6 to 18 months. Medium amount loans are ideally suited to fund larger purchases like unexpected medical expenses, car repairs, school fees or a tax debt.
The application process is straightforward and can be completed online, provided that online applicants agree to allow temporary access to their online banking account to retrieve their recent bank statements. Applicants who receive Centrelink benefits can still apply, as long as they also make at least $500 in other income per week.
Features of a medium amount loan from Capfin Money
When someone takes out a medium term loan from Capfin Money, here's what they can expect:
- Larger loan amount. Applicants can borrow from $2,005 up to $5,000, giving them access to a larger amount of money than traditional payday loans.
- Flexible loan term. Applicants can choose to repay their loan between 6 to 18 months, depending on their circumstances and the amount of the loan.
- No early repayment fees. Loan customers can repay their loan early without penalty and save money over the life of the loan.
- Straightforward online application. Capfin Money uses Proviso, a secure service that retrieves information from applicants' online banking so thy don't need to provide paper bank statements.
- Short drawdown time. Once an application has been approved, Capfin Money will transfer the loan funds to the successful applicant's nominated bank account overnight.
- Flexible loan repayments. Loan repayments can be made weekly or fortnightly to suit the applicant's circumstances.
- Online self-service platform. Once a loan has been established, customers will have access to an online platform where they can view their loan statement at any time and update their details if necessary.
What are the risks of payday loans?
- Unaffordable repayments. Payday loans are an expensive way to borrow money and should only be used as a last resort. Check the size of each repayment and ensure you will be able to pay it on time. Unaffordable repayments can lead to late fees that will only make things worse.
- High rates and fees. Rates and fees on payday loans are high but there are rules in place so be sure to check your lender is not charging you more than ASIC allows. Also, look at what you would be charged if you are late on a payment or if you default on the loan altogether.
- Unreputable lenders. All Australian lenders should be accredited by ASIC. Check for a credit licence on the ASIC Register and ensure that the lender is easily contactable.
- Impact on credit score. Every loan application shows up on credit reports. While lenders might not consider credit history, applying for lots of loans within a short period can have a negative impact on your credit score in the future.
Fees and charges
Consider the following fees and charges that could apply to your Capfin Money Medium Amount Loan:
- Establishment fee of $400
- Interest rate of 48% per annum
- No early payout fees
- Arrears notice fee of $15
- Missed payment fee of $25
- Debt recovery phone call fee of $5.50
- Debt recovery field call fee of $55
Capfin Money Medium Amount Loan eligibility
To apply for a Capfin Money Medium Amount Loan, applicants will need to satisfy the following eligibility criteria:
- At least 18 years old
- Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Not in bankruptcy or under a part 9 debt agreement
- Income of at least $500 per week, paid into their bank account
- Holder of a passport, Australian driver’s licence or a proof of age card
- Allowed access to their bank statements for the last three months or their online banking login details to retrieve the information securely
How to apply
To apply for a Capfin Money Medium Amount Loan, loan applicants can simply click "Go to Site" to begin the application process online.
The loan application form includes several stages, including:
- Setting the loan amount. First, the applicant will need to specify the amount of the loan, from $2,005 to $5,000.
- Choosing the loan term. Depending on the loan amount selected, the applicant will be offered a choice of loan terms. Amounts between $2,005 and $2,500 can be repaid over 26, 39 or 52 weeks, while amounts between $2,750 and $3,500 can be repaid over 39 or 52 weeks. Larger loan amounts, those between $4,000 and $5,000, give repayment options of 39, 52 or 78 weeks.
- Loan repayment estimate given. Once the applicant has chosen their loan amount and term, an estimate of their ongoing loan repayment will be displayed.
- Basic information. Next, they'll need to enter the reason for the loan and provide basic information about themselves, including their address and other contact details.
- Income and expenses. In the next step, the applicant will enter details about their current employment and Centrelink benefits, if any. They will also be prompted to disclose their weekly expenses.
- Provide bank statements and Centrelink income summary. Capfin Money uses the Proviso service to securely access applicants' bank transactions in real time. This online tool accesses their online banking account without providing the lender with your login details. Transactions over the last three months are collated and provided to the lender to verify the income and expenses claims of each applicant. If someone receives Centrelink benefits, they will also be prompted to log in to their myGov account to generate a Centrelink income statement.
- Submit. Finally, applicants will be presented with the option to click "Finish Application" and their loan application will be submitted.
Before submitting an application, all prospective applicants should compare their options to make sure that they choose the right loan product to suit their needs.