Flight deals to Cancun
Find flight deals and special offers on fares from Australia to Cancun in Mexico.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Cancun on Mexico’s Yucatán Peninsula is a well-known destination for tourists looking for beach resorts and sunshine. However, the area’s diverse offerings go beyond the natural beauty of white sand beaches and turquoise Caribbean waters. Lush green rainforests and Mayan ruins are begging to be explored. Or you can go wildlife-spotting, diving or simply enjoy the lively nightlife.
Flights to Cancun from Australia can be found with both American and Australian airlines. These flights transit via the US making it easy to create a multi-destination trip. Cancun is located in the Quintana Roo province of Mexico which borders Belize – so it’s also a good starting point for travellers visiting other parts of Central America.
Latest flight deals to Cancun
Popular Flights coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|17 Jun 2021||Up to 15% off domestic flights with code||CRV****|
|16 Jun 2021||Up to 10% off flights with code||STU****|
|8 Jun 2021||USD$25 off flight fees||ID2****|
|8 Jun 2021||USD$35 off flight fees||SB3****|
|27 May 2021||Up to 12% off international flights||PAY****|
Cancun flight times
- From Sydney: 20 hrs 30 mins
- From Melbourne: 21 hrs 50 mins
- From Perth: 27 hrs
- From Brisbane: 20 hrs
Airlines that fly to Cancun
- American Airlines
- Delta Airlines
- United Airlines
- Virgin Australia
Cancun insider flight tips
- The months of February to April offer great weather and little rainfall in Cancun. This is a very popular time for American students on Spring Break – when partying and accommodation prices are at their peak. Late November to February are cooler months, but the region is quieter and you are more likely to find cheap flights to Cancun.
- Get a window seat if you can as the views of the ocean and forest on descent to Cancun are stunning.
- Low-cost carriers such as JetBlue fly direct to Cancun from various American cities.
- As with most flights from Australia to the Americas, the quickest flights to Cancun are one-stop via Los Angeles International airport (LAX). Some involve a second stop at Atlanta, Houston or San Francisco. A terminal change at LAX may be required so make sure you’ve enough time between flights as it is a vast airport with several terminals. Queues to clear customs and baggage can also be long, especially with heightened security measures.
How to get from the airport
Cancun International Airport (CUN) is 22 kilometres southwest of the city. The best option is to arrange a transfer with your hotel as official taxis are not allowed to pick up at the airport. Reliable public bus services to Cancun and Playa del Carmen run every 15 minutes and take 20 minutes to the central bus terminal. Visitors can also arrange to share a shuttle bus with fellow passengers to central Cancun or Playa del Carmen. It’s best to book these online although you can arrange them on arrival.
Watch out for scams involving locals trying to entice you with dodgy timeshares. General advice is to ignore anyone who approaches you. This includes not letting anyone “help” with your luggage. Car rentals can be arranged at the airport or in advance and there is an information desk at terminal two. Buses and taxis are frequent and plentiful for getting around Cancun once you are there.
More guides on Finder
Amazon Prime Day 2021 Australia: Early deals on now
Amazon Prime Day 2021 officially starts on June 21 - or does it? Here's a stack of early-bird deals you can get right now.
Handypay Green Loan
A Green Loan from Handypay could help you make your home more energy-efficient. Handypay green loans are available up to $75,000 on terms of up to 10 years.
Victoria floods: How much food spoilage will your home insurance cover?
There’s been over 25,000 power outages across Victoria. Home insurance can reimburse you for the food that’s gone to waste. Find out who here.
TCL 20SE Review: Great display but otherwise unremarkable
If you're after a low-cost mobile with a quality display, the TCL 20SE is appealing, but you'll otherwise be left wanting for app performance, camera quality and battery life.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Moneyme (MME ↑18.8%), Cd Private Equity Fund I (CD1 ↑18.5%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Tuesday 15 June 2021.
Amazon Prime Day: 60% off fashion deals you’re not going to want to miss
Bargain hunters - get ready to save on Nike, New Balance, Cotton On, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein and so much more.
Amazon Prime Day home deals to expect: Bose, iRobot and more
From home speakers to robot vacuums, these are the items to watch out for this Prime Day.
Staple items worth a splurge and how you can grab a cheeky 30% off all of them
We've got a cheeky 30% off at THE ICONIC so here are the staple items worth a splurge because the savings are too damn good.
Ask an Expert