Campervan hire in Brisbane | Where to book, what to know
Venture across the Sunshine State with a budget-friendly or luxurious home on wheels from these companies.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
If you start your journey in the lively city of Brisbane, there’s a whole expanse of land if you head north that promises plenty of campervanning adventures. From sun kissed beaches to the lush rainforests of the Daintree, with so many inviting options, you’re probably dying to hit the road already.
Here’s where to hire best campervans for pick-up in Brisbane including budget-friendly and luxury options as well as road travel tips.
Where to book campervan hire in Brisbane
After 35 years in the campervan business, Apollo knows the ins and outs of road travel in Australia. With a fleet of stylish campervans, motorhomes and 4WD campers, you're sure to find something to suit your travel plans with this company.
- Early bird discounts and long term hire specials
- Value packs available including camp chairs, camp table and gas bottle
- Handy assistance with the ApolloConnect App
- Unlimited kilometre allowance
Image: Cruisin' Motorhomes
Cruise through Brisbane and the Sunshine state in a comfy campervan from Australian-born company, Cruisin. You can hit the road in a cosy compact camper for two or take the whole family in a spacious six- berth motorhome.
- Large fleet of campervans to choose from
- Early bird and long hire discounts
- 24 hours roadside assistance
From budget to premium campervan models, Spaceships has you covered for a smooth and comfortable journey. The company wants to make your trip worry-free with inclusions such as 24-hour roadside service and free after-hours pick-up and drop-off options.
- Free cancellations within seven days of making your booking
- One-way travel doesn't cost more so you can drop your camper off in another city
- Free airport transfer when you book 21 days in advance
Create your own home away from home with a stylish campervan from Maui, decked out with all the modern conveniences. Vehicles come with roomy living areas, reading lights and apartment-style kitchens.
- Extra services included like linen exchange and a valet service to help you easily return your camper in spotless condition
- Navigation tools and help videos on hand with a free app
- Save up to 60% with regular discount deals
Image: Let's Go Motorhomes
For those with a taste for luxury travel, Let's Go provides Australian-built campervans with modern European design. Its sleek range of vehicles are all under two years old and offer plenty of comfort and style.
- New fleet of campervans that is replaced after two years
- Grocery delivery service available at pick up
- Bike and bike rack hire available for motorhomes
Image: Awesome Campers
Catering to backpackers and budget travellers, Awesome Campers offers a lowest-price guarantee with unlimited kilometres and 24/7 assistance included.
- Relaxed cancellation policies with a flexible book now, pay later option
- Grab special mystery deals with pick up and drop off at any location
- Vehicles ranging from classic older campers to modern less-travelled ones
Image: Hippie Camper
Check out all that Brisbane has to offer or head further afield along the coast or inland with a budget-friendly camper from Hippie Camper.
- Campervan hire available to anyone over 18 with a valid driver's licence
- Kitchen essentials all included
- New, top quality vehicles at budget prices
Campervan hire locations in Brisbane
All campervan hire companies above provide pick up and drop off points in Brisbane in the Northgate and Eagle Farm suburbs.
Tips for driving a campervan in Brisbane
- Brisbane traffic can get congested at peak times with workers commuting between the city and the Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast. You can avoid traffic jams by keeping off the roads toward the city between 7am and 9am and away from the city from 4pm and 6pm.
- You'll come across some toll roads in Brisbane. Make sure to check where they are before you set off and set up an online pass to pay. You will most likely need to pay for any toll roads you use in the campervan and may be charged an administration fee as well If necessary, you can buy a casual pass for toll roads on linkt.com.au
- Once you get out of town, keep an eye out for wandering kangaroos, wallabies and other wildlife. Take particular care at night when kangaroos can be attracted to headlights.
- If you're travelling during the wet season, watch out for flood warnings on roads. Plan alternate routes, if necessary, or be prepared to change your plans if needed.
What to know before renting a campervan in Brisbane
What licence do I need to drive a motorhome in Brisbane?
To drive a motorhome in Brisbane you will need a full driver's licence which must be written in English. If yours is not in English you'll need an accredited English translation or an international driver permit.
Are there any age restrictions to driving a campervan in Brisbane?
Do I need specific caravan insurance?
Your rental company will offer a few different insurance options which you'll need to consider before you start your journey. In most cases, a standard liability cover will be included in your hire costs but if you want more comprehensive insurance cover you'll need to pay for it. Some companies cover motorhomes and towed caravans under the same policies but others have separate policies for these.
What does campervan hire in Brisbane cost?
For a one week hire in Brisbane, prices can range from $1,063 all the way up to $6,499, according to Motorhome Republic.
You'll find lower prices if you choose to hire your campervan for longer periods with discounts often available for rentals longer than 21 days.
Which companies offer luxury campervan hire in Brisbane?Britz, Let's Go Motorhomes, Maui Rentals and Apollo all offer luxury campervans.
Which companies offer cheap caravan hire in Brisbane?
Which companies offer off road and 4WD caravan hire in Brisbane?Apollo has top quality 4WD campers available for hire in Brisbane.
Which companies offer 6 berth caravan hire in Brisbane?Britz, Cruisin', Maui Rentals, and Let's Go Motorhomes all have campervans to accommodate up to six people.
Want to hire a campervan?
Powered by: Motorhome Republic
Latest campervan and car hire deals
More guides on Finder
Cheap campervan hire
Catch the latest deals for cheap campervan hire in Australia. Brands include Hippie Campers, Jucy and Spaceships.
Campervan hire in Broome | Where to book, what to know
Plan your epic road trip around WA with our guide to campervan hire in Broome.
Campervan hire on the Sunshine Coast | Where to book, what to know
Encounter wildlife, regional treats and sandy shores with your caravan hire on the Sunshine Coast.
Campervan hire in Cairns | Where to book, what to know
Get out and explore Tropical North Queensland with our guide to campervan hire in Cairns.
Campervan relocations in Australia | Where to book, what to know
Discover great destinations for campervan relocations for your adventure across Australia.
Campervan hire in Darwin | Where to book, what to know
Get out and explore the Top End with our guide to campervan hire in Darwin.
Campervan hire in Hobart | Where to book, what to know
Make the most of the great outdoors by comparing your options and the latest deals for campervan hire in Hobart.
Campervan hire on the Gold Coast | Where to book, what to know
Take your vacation to the next level with a campervan hire on the Gold Coast.
Campervan hire in Melbourne | Where to book, what to know
Hit the road and experience the beauty of Victoria with a campervan from these companies.
Campervan hire in Adelaide | Where to book, what to know
Cruise Australia's picturesque roads in your perfect camper from Adelaide.
Ask an Expert