Call of Duty: WWII is going social with its Headquarters mode
Hang out with your friends on the beaches of Normandy in this interactive multiplayer lobby.
Call of Duty seems to be jumping on the social bandwagon with its upcoming entry Call of Duty: WWII. In a video released today, Activision showed off the game's new Headquarters mode, which serves as an interactive multiplayer lobby where you can hang out with your friends in between matches.
Headquarters looks to take place on a Normandy beach after the historic landing of the Allied forces. The large social space contains a firing range where you can sharpen your shooting skills, a 1v1 arena for duelling against your friends and a theatre for watching live Call of Duty e-sport matches as well as AA guns you can use to defend the beach from attackers.
Competing in the Headquarters mode will not just bump your name up the leaderboard, you'll also unlock rewards for use in the regular multiplayer. What these rewards are remains to be seen, but at least there's some incentive for hanging around with your mates instead of simply jumping from match to match.
In other Call of Duty news, did you know the series will soon be getting its own documentary?
- Where to find the best price on Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti in Australia
- Where to find the best price on Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 in Australia
- Where to find the best price on Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 in Australia
- Razer Blade 15: Well Worth Unsheathing
- The Twitch Prime free trial comes with serious perks