Call of Duty channels Band of Brothers in a new campaign trailer
The latest Call of Duty is shooting for a more personal story this time around.
Call of Duty: WWII seems to be taking a lot of inspiration from HBO's seminal miniseries Band of Brothers, judging by the single-player campaign trailer released today.
The trailer takes a notably different approach to showing off the first-person shooter's upcoming campaign than trailers for previous Call of Duty games have, easing off on the huge spectacle and fiery explosions and focusing instead on Private Ronald Daniels and his squad as they witness the unbridled horrors unleashed by the Nazi war machine.
It's a fresh tack for Call of Duty, and hopefully it reflects a deeper commitment to storytelling than some of the series' past entries. Call of Duty: WWII is being developed by Sledgehammer Games, after all, the studio responsible for one of the better Call of Duty narratives in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice hands-on: Your Soulsborne experience means nothing
- Twitch Prime subscribers can score Apex Legends loot by connecting their account
- Final Fantasy XIV float heading to the 2019 Sydney Mardi Gras
- HyperX Cloud Mix review: The best of both worlds
- Far Cry New Dawn Review: Soaked with rads but not radically different