Call of Duty is getting its own documentary
The feature-length film is coming by way of Hotline Miami publisher, Devolver Digital.
If you've ever wondered how Call of Duty became such a monumental success, your questions will soon be answered thanks to the film arm of games publisher Devolver Digital. Announced today, Devolver Digital Films unveiled its biggest project yet: CODumentary, a feature-length documentary chronicling the series' rise from niche military shooter to blockbuster franchise dominating the video game market across the globe.
Created by Jonathan Beales, a 31-year veteran of the games industry, CODumentary features interviews with developers, professional Call of Duty players and industry figureheads in an attempt to pin down what has kept the franchise so popular for so long.
"One of the biggest challenges making the film was encapsulating a 15-year timeline into 93 minutes," noted Beales. "Even though the documentary is centred on video games, the story is always about the human input and endeavour involved."
Following two successful screenings at DreamHack Atlanta, CODumentary is set to release on Amazon Video and Steam on 19 September. It will also come to iTunes, Google Play, Microsoft Films & TV and PlayStation Video at a later date.
- Rick and Morty Virtual Rick-ality Review: Show Me What You Got (in VR)
- Dragon’s Crown Pro Review: The pinnacle of 2D visuals
- Command the Australian Centurion in World Of Tanks
- Four Australian FIFA 18 players will compete for a ticket to the Global Series Playoffs tonight
- Every bit a sleeper hit: City of Brass review