CODumentary, the documentary exploring Call of Duty’s rise to success, is now available
Explore the origins of the world's most popular military shooter.
Announced early last month, the monolithic Call of Duty series is taking centre stage in CODumentary, a feature-length documentary charting the military shooter's rise to becoming the most popular FPS in the world. That documentary goes live today, available for rent and purchase on both Steam and Amazon.
CODumentary explores how developer Infinity Ward managed to steer Call of Duty to success amidst a sea of similar games like Medal of Honor and Brothers in Arms, along with the reasoning behind the pivotal decision to shift to a modern setting with Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
Created by UK filmmaker Jonathan Beales, the documentary features interviews with developers like Chance Glasco, Josh Olin and Randy Pitchford.
In other Call of Duty news, Call of Duty: WWII just dropped a new story trailer, hot on the heels of a trailer for its multiplayer headquarters mode.
- Old Aussie rivalries live on in upcoming esports league
- Xbox One owners can save big on Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, Star Wars Battlefront II and more right now
- March’s Games With Gold line-up is super hot
- Secret of Mana Review (PS4): What the hell did you do Square Enix?
- Save up to 70% on Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, The Division and more in Humble Store’s Ubisoft sale