Cheap flights to Cairns 2020
From the latest deals to essential arrival info, here's what you need to know about flying to Cairns.
Cairns and remote areas of Tropical North Queensland are some of Australia's most unique and untouched destinations. When planning a trip to the north of Australia, transport considerations are key to a pleasant stay. Find out all you need to know including airline and flight information, flight deals and your transport options to navigate your way around this incredible part of Australia.
See our latest deals on flights to Cairns and Tropical North Queensland
How much are flights to Cairns?
Here's what's considered to be a good deal compared to the average cost of a domestic flight to Cairns.
Flights to Cairns from Sydney
Flights to Cairns from Melbourne
Flights to Cairns from Brisbane
Flights to Cairns from Perth
Cairns flight time
- From Sydney: Approximately 2 hrs 55 mins + when flying direct to Cairns Airport
- From Melbourne: Approximately 3 hrs 20 mins + when flying direct to Cairns Airport
- From Brisbane: Approximately 2 hrs 10 mins + when flying direct to Cairns Airport
- From Perth: Approximately 5 hrs 10 mins + when flying direct to Cairns Airport
Airlines that fly to Cairns
- Virgin Australia
Cairns insider flight tips
- Cairns Airport is an international airport and the largest airport in the region. Cooktown Karumba, Normanton and Burketown offer regional flights to and from Cairns and other regional destinations.
Car hire desks can be found at the arrivals hall and taxis are available from the designated taxi ranks just outside Cairns Airport. Viator, City Discovery and Jayride offer personalised and private airport shuttle services and transfers from Cairns airport to your resort, hotel or holiday apartment. Alternatively, Uber is available from Cairns Airport and costs $10–$15 to Cairns city centre.
Ask an Expert