How to buy Zinc of Ireland NL shares | A$0.058
Own Zinc of Ireland NL shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Zinc of Ireland NL is an other industrial metals & mining business based in Australia. Zinc of Ireland NL shares (ZMI) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.058 – the same closing value as a week prior. Zinc of Ireland NL has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $1,786.
How to buy shares in Zinc of Ireland NL
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Zinc of Ireland NL. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: ZMI. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Zinc of Ireland NL reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.058, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Zinc of Ireland NL. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Zinc of Ireland NL key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Zinc of Ireland NL stock a buy or sell?
- Zinc of Ireland NL performance over time
- Zinc of Ireland NL's financials
- How volatile are Zinc of Ireland NL shares?
- Does Zinc of Ireland NL pay a dividend?
- Have Zinc of Ireland NL shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Zinc of Ireland NL's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Zinc of Ireland NL's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.058, which is 13.43% down on its pre-crash value of $0.067 and 132.00% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.025.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Zinc of Ireland NL shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $409.84 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $950.82.
Zinc of Ireland NL share priceUse our graph to track the performance of ZMI stocks over time.
Zinc of Ireland NL shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.058|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.025 - AUDA$0.09|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.0472|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.0397|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.006|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Zinc of Ireland NL stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Zinc of Ireland NL price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-13)||0%|
|1 month (2020-09-21)||28.89%|
|3 months (2020-07-20)||45.00%|
|6 months (2020-04-20)||16.00%|
|1 year (2019-10-18)||-34.83%|
|2 years (2018-10-19)||-42.00%|
|3 years (2017-10-20)||-42.00%|
|5 years (2015-10-20)||-71.00%|
Zinc of Ireland NL financials
|Gross profit TTM||$1,786|
|Return on assets TTM||-5.78%|
|Return on equity TTM||-10.81%|
|Market capitalisation||$7 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Zinc of Ireland NL share dividends
We're not expecting Zinc of Ireland NL to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Zinc of Ireland NL's shares ever split?
Zinc of Ireland NL's shares were split on a 1:20 basis on 19 March 2019. So if you had owned 20 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Zinc of Ireland NL shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 1900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Zinc of Ireland NL shares which in turn could have impacted Zinc of Ireland NL's share price.
Zinc of Ireland NL share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Zinc of Ireland NL's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.025 up to $0.09. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Zinc of Ireland NL's is 1.4371. This would suggest that Zinc of Ireland NL's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Zinc of Ireland NL overview
Zinc of Ireland NL operates as a mineral exploration and development company in Ireland. The company explores for zinc, gold, and base metal deposits. Its flagship project is the Kildare project located southwest of Dublin. The company was formerly known as Global Metals Exploration NL and changed its name to Zinc of Ireland NL in July 2016. The company is based in Subiaco, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert