How to buy Zenith Energy shares
Own Zenith Energy shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Zenith Energy Limited is an utilities-independent power producers business based in Australia. Zenith Energy shares (ZEN) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Zenith Energy has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $61.6 million..
How to buy shares in Zenith Energy
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Zenith Energy . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: ZEN. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Zenith Energy reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $N/A, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Zenith Energy . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
Zenith Energy share priceUse our graph to track the performance of ZEN stocks over time.
Zenith Energy shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.4852 - $1.05|
|50-day moving average||$1.0507|
|200-day moving average||$0.978|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.053|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Zenith Energy stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Is Zenith Energy under- or over-valued?
Valuing Zenith Energy stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Zenith Energy 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Zenith Energy 's P/E ratio
Zenith Energy 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 19x. In other words, Zenith Energy shares trade at around 19x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Zenith Energy 's EBITDA
Zenith Energy 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $27.1 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Zenith Energy 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Zenith Energy financials
|Revenue TTM||$61.6 million|
|Operating margin TTM||27.27%|
|Gross profit TTM||$31.3 million|
|Return on assets TTM||6.23%|
|Return on equity TTM||10.25%|
|Market capitalisation||$156.9 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Zenith Energy share dividends
We're not expecting Zenith Energy to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Zenith Energy share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Zenith Energy 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.4852 up to $1.05. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Zenith Energy 's is -0.0187. This would suggest that Zenith Energy 's shares have been inversely-correlated to the average (for this exchange) – so when the broader market trended up or down, Zenith Energy has bucked the trend.
Zenith Energy overview
Zenith Energy Limited, together with its subsidiaries, builds, owns, operates, manages, and maintains remote power plants for the resources industry in Australia and Papua New Guinea. It offers various fuel source options, including natural gas, liquid petroleum gas, diesel (thermal), renewables, solar, wind, and hybrid systems. As of June 30, 2019, the company had a total generation capacity of approximately 420 MW. Zenith Energy Limited was founded in 2006 and is based in Belmont, Australia. As of August 21, 2020, Zenith Energy Limited was taken private.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Zenith Energy units | A$51.73
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Zenith Energy units | A$52.99
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Zenith Energy units | A$102.74
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Zenith Energy units | A$23.95
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Zenith Energy units | A$89.71
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Zenith Energy units | A$17.36
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Zenith Energy units | A$75.63
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Zenith Energy units | A$49.9
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Zenith Energy units | A$9.2
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert