How to buy Zip Co shares
Own Zip Co shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Zip Co Limited is a credit services business based in Australia. Zip Co shares (Z1P) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Zip Co has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $247.7 million.
How to buy shares in Zip Co
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Zip Co. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: Z1P. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Zip Co reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Zip Co. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
Zip Co share priceUse our graph to track the performance of Z1P stocks over time.
Zip Co shares at a glance
|52-week range||$1.415 - $14.53|
|50-day moving average||$9.873|
|200-day moving average||$7.1256|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.035|
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Zip Co stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Zip Co financials
|Revenue TTM||$247.7 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$51.7 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-4.13%|
|Return on equity TTM||-67.62%|
|Market capitalisation||$4.3 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Zip Co share dividends
We're not expecting Zip Co to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Zip Co's shares ever split?
Zip Co's shares were split on a 1:10 basis on 29 July 2015. So if you had owned 10 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Zip Co shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Zip Co shares which in turn could have impacted Zip Co's share price.
Zip Co share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Zip Co's shares have ranged in value from as little as $1.415 up to $14.53. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Zip Co's is 2.6928. This would suggest that Zip Co's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
Zip Co overview
Zip Co Limited provides point-of-sale credit and digital payment services to consumers and merchants in Australia, the United Kingdom, the United States, New Zealand, and South Africa. The company operates through ZIP AU, Zip Global, and Spotcap segments. It offers integrated retail finance solutions to merchants in the retail, education, health, and travel industries through online and in store. The company provides Zip Pay and Zip Money, which are digital wallets; and Pocketbook, a personal finance application to help people manage their finances, budget, and savings, as well as unsecured loans to small and medium sized businesses. In addition, it offers a Buy Now Pay Later services whereby consumers split repayments into equal instalments. The company was formerly known as ZipMoney Limited and changed its name to Zip Co Limited in December 2017. Zip Co Limited was incorporated in 2009 and is based in Sydney, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Robinhood stock from Australia
Robinhood is set to go public as soon as June. Here's what you need to do to buy in from Australia.
How to build a DIY Raspberry Pi arcade machine for retro gaming
We explain everything you need to make your own retro arcade machine, built around the super-flexible Raspberry Pi.
How to sell shares in Australia
All the key info you need to know to sell shares you inherited or received as a gift.
How to buy Roblox (RBLX) shares from Australia
Steps to owning and managing Roblox shares.
How to invest in the Deliveroo IPO from Australia
Everything we know about the Deliveroo IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Zebit shares
Steps to owning and managing Zebit shares.
How to buy CleanSpace shares
Steps to owning and managing CleanSpace shares.
How to buy Benz Mining shares
Steps to owning and managing Benz Mining shares.
Ask an Expert