How to buy Zip Co (Z1P) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Zip Co shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
How to buy shares in Zip Co
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Zip Co. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: Z1P. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Zip Co reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Zip Co. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
Zip Co stock price (ASX:Z1P)Use our graph to track the performance of Z1P stocks over time.
Zip Co shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.485 - $9.11|
|50-day moving average||$1.7331|
|200-day moving average||$4.767|
|Dividend yield||$0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.746|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Zip Co stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Zip Co price performance over time
|1 week (2022-06-16)||-7.92%|
|1 month (2022-05-26)||-45.29%|
|3 months (2022-03-25)||-69.41%|
|6 months (2021-12-24)||-89.41%|
|1 year (2021-06-25)||-94.35%|
|2 years (2020-06-26)||-91.47%|
|3 years (2019-06-26)||-85.38%|
|5 years (2017-06-26)||-28.46%|
Zip Co financials
|Revenue TTM||$538.5 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$137.9 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-7.03%|
|Return on equity TTM||-36.65%|
|Market capitalisation||$825.7 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Zip Co share dividends
We're not expecting Zip Co to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Zip Co's shares ever split?
Zip Co's shares were split on a 1:10 basis on 30 July 2015. So if you had owned 10 shares the day before the split, the next day you would own 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Zip Co shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Zip Co shares which in turn could have impacted Zip Co's share price.
Zip Co share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Zip Co's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.485 up to $9.11. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Zip Co's is 2.5751. This would suggest that Zip Co's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
Zip Co overview
Zip Co Limited provides point-of-sale credit, digital retail finance, and payments solutions to consumers, and small and medium sized merchants (SMEs) in Australia, the United Kingdom, the United States, New Zealand, Mexico, and Canada. It operates through three segments: ZIP AU, Zip Global, and Zip Business. The company offers unsecured loans, line of credit, and payment services to SMEs through online and in store. It provides Zip Pay and Zip Money, which are digital wallets; and Pocketbook, an app that provides personal financial management solutions. In addition, the company offers Buy Now Pay Later services whereby consumers split repayments into equal instalments. It serves retail, education, health, and travel industries. The company was formerly known as ZipMoney Limited and changed its name to Zip Co Limited in December 2017. Zip Co Limited was incorporated in 2009 and is headquartered in Sydney, Australia.
Zip Co in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Nexgen Energy (NXG) shares
Steps to owning and managing Nexgen Energy shares.
How to buy Keypath Education (KED) shares
Steps to owning and managing Keypath Education shares.
What are green bonds and how do they impact the world?
If you want to directly fund climate solutions a green bond is a great place to start. Here is how they work.
5 best ways to invest money in Australia in 2022
What's the best way to invest money in Australia? Find out about robo advisors, index funds, cryptocurrency and more in this guide.
How to buy EBR Systems (EBR) shares
Steps to owning and managing EBR Systems shares.
How to buy 5E Advanced Materials (5EA) shares
Steps to owning and managing 5E Advanced Materials shares.
How to buy Leo lithium shares
Steps to owning and managing Leo lithium shares.
How to buy Besra Gold (BEZ) shares
Steps to owning and managing Besra Gold shares.
How to buy The Lottery Corporation (TLC) shares
Steps to owning and managing The Lottery Corporation shares.
How to buy BSP Financial Group (BFL) shares
Steps to owning and managing Endeavour Group shares.
Ask an Expert