How to buy Xstate Resources (XST) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Xstate Resources shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Xstate Resources is an oil & gas e&p business based in Australia. Xstate Resources shares (XST) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollar. Xstate Resources has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $2 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Xstate Resources
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Xstate Resources . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: XST. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Xstate Resources reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Xstate Resources . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Xstate Resources key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Xstate Resources stock a buy or sell?
- Xstate Resources performance over time
- Xstate Resources 's financials
- How volatile are Xstate Resources shares?
- Does Xstate Resources pay a dividend?
- Have Xstate Resources shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Xstate Resources stock price (ASX:XST)Use our graph to track the performance of XST stocks over time.
Xstate Resources shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.003 - $0.023|
|50-day moving average||$0.0043|
|200-day moving average||$0.0043|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.002|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Xstate Resources stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Xstate Resources price performance over time
|1 week (2022-01-20)||-25.00%|
|1 month (2021-12-24)||-25.00%|
|3 months (2021-10-27)||-40.00%|
|6 months (2021-07-27)||-25.00%|
|1 year (2021-01-27)||-57.14%|
|2 years (2020-01-24)||-25.00%|
|3 years (2019-01-25)||0.003|
|5 years (2017-01-27)||-85.00%|
Xstate Resources financials
|Revenue TTM||$2 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$60,813|
|Return on assets TTM||-23.04%|
|Return on equity TTM||-261.34%|
|Market capitalisation||$12.9 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Xstate Resources share dividends
We're not expecting Xstate Resources to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Xstate Resources 's shares ever split?
Xstate Resources 's shares were split on a 1:3 basis on 29 June 2010. So if you had owned 3 shares the day before the split, the next day you would own 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Xstate Resources shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 200% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Xstate Resources shares which in turn could have impacted Xstate Resources 's share price.
Xstate Resources share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Xstate Resources 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.003 up to $0.023. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Xstate Resources 's is 1.735. This would suggest that Xstate Resources 's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Xstate Resources overview
Xstate Resources Limited, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the exploration and production of oil and natural gas properties in the United States. The company holds participating interests of 10%-30% in various gas production assets in the Sacramento Basin, California. It also has an 12% interest in the King Brown gold tenement. The company was incorporated in 1987 and is based in Fremantle, Australia.
Stocks similar to Xstate Resources
Xstate Resources in the news
Xstate Resources : Confirmation of Oil and Gas Discovery at Anshof-3
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Ethereum price plummets as crypto industry’s combined market cap drops by 10% within hours
With the total market cap of the crypto sector dropping by a whopping 10% within the last few hours, it seems as though the coming few days could be highly volatile for ETH.
Back to school laptops: Buying guide
What are the things to watch out for when buying your child's first laptop?
Bitcoin price dips below key level as Russia prepares for a blanket crypto ban
As Russia gets ready to outlaw its local crypto market, BTC could be faced with even greater volatility in the near future.
How to watch UFC 270 Ngannou vs Gane online and start time in Australia
Heavyweight stars Fancis Ngannou and Cyril Gane headline UFC 270.
Why has the Rio Tinto share price dropped today?
Shares in Rio Tinto have climbed more than 15% in the last month.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Stanmore Coal (SMR ↑5.2%), Kelly Partners Group Holdings (KPG ↑3.3%)
Here are the 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Friday 21 January 2022.
Beauty Product of the Week: Gisou Honey Infused Leave-In Conditioner
This leave-in conditioner transformed my unwashed mop into silky locks that would make Rapunzel envious.
Samsung confirms Galaxy S22 Ultra will be a Note phone
Samsung's next flagship S22 phone will be, in its own less than subtle phrasing, "noteworthy".
Top 10 TV shows in Australia this week and where to watch them
A fun superhero series, an epic sci-fi and a dark teen drama are among our top picks this week.
Ask an Expert