How to buy Winchester Energy (WEL) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Winchester Energy shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Winchester Energy Limited is an oil & gas e&p business based in Australia. Winchester Energy shares (WEL) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Winchester Energy has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $2.2 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Winchester Energy
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Winchester Energy . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: WEL. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Winchester Energy reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Winchester Energy . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
Winchester Energy stock price (ASX:WEL)Use our graph to track the performance of WEL stocks over time.
Winchester Energy shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.013 - $0.038|
|50-day moving average||$0.0157|
|200-day moving average||$0.0204|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.003|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Winchester Energy stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Winchester Energy price performance over time
|1 month (2021-07-02)||57.14%|
|3 months (2021-04-30)||0.022|
Is Winchester Energy under- or over-valued?
Valuing Winchester Energy stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Winchester Energy 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Winchester Energy 's EBITDA
Winchester Energy 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $19,623.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Winchester Energy 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Winchester Energy financials
|Revenue TTM||$2.2 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$1.4 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-20.34%|
|Return on equity TTM||-36.49%|
|Market capitalisation||$13.8 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Winchester Energy share dividends
We're not expecting Winchester Energy to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Winchester Energy share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Winchester Energy 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.013 up to $0.038. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Winchester Energy 's is 1.6375. This would suggest that Winchester Energy 's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Winchester Energy overview
Winchester Energy Limited, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the acquisition and exploration of oil and gas properties in the United States and Australia. As of March 16, 2021, it had 17,560 net acres within leases located in the Eastern Shelf of the Permian Basin in Texas. The company was incorporated in 2014 and is based in West Perth, Australia.
Stocks similar to Winchester Energy
Winchester Energy in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the X2M Connect IPO
Everything we know about the X2M Connect IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Industrial Minerals (IND.AU) shares
Steps to owning and managing Industrial Minerals shares.
How to invest in the SSH Group IPO
Everything we know about the SSH Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Iris Metals IPO
Everything we know about the Iris Metals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Li-S Energy IPO
Everything we know about the Li-S Energy IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Clarity Pharmaceuticals IPO IPO
Everything we know about the Clarity Pharmaceuticals IPO IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the TEK-Ocean Group IPO
Everything we know about the TEK-Ocean Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy HNC Coin (HNC) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Hellenic Coin (HNC) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Maro (MARO) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Maro (MARO) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Ethernity Chain (ERN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Ethernity Chain (ERN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert