How to buy White Energy Company shares | A$0.125
Own White Energy Company shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
White Energy Company Limited is a thermal coal business based in Australia. White Energy Company shares (WEC) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.125 – a decrease of 3.85% over the previous week. White Energy Company has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $1.3 million.
How to buy shares in White Energy Company
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for White Energy Company . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: WEC. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until White Energy Company reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.125, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of White Energy Company . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- White Energy Company key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is White Energy Company stock a buy or sell?
- White Energy Company performance over time
- White Energy Company 's financials
- How volatile are White Energy Company shares?
- Does White Energy Company pay a dividend?
- Have White Energy Company shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted White Energy Company 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, White Energy Company 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.125, which is 39.20% up on its pre-crash value of $0.076 and 97.47% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.0633.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of White Energy Company shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $942.03 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,811.59.
White Energy Company share priceUse our graph to track the performance of WEC stocks over time.
White Energy Company shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.125|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.058 - AUDA$0.16|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.13|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.1103|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.023|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy White Energy Company stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
White Energy Company price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-13)||13.64%|
|1 month (2020-09-21)||-7.41%|
|3 months (2020-07-20)||-10.71%|
|6 months (2020-04-20)||78.57%|
|1 year (2019-10-18)||38.89%|
|2 years (2018-10-19)||64.47%|
|3 years (2017-10-20)||264.43%|
|5 years (2015-10-20)||-32.83%|
White Energy Company financials
|Revenue TTM||$1.3 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$-50,000|
|Return on assets TTM||-8.47%|
|Return on equity TTM||0%|
|Market capitalisation||$96.8 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
White Energy Company share dividends
We're not expecting White Energy Company to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have White Energy Company 's shares ever split?
White Energy Company 's shares were split on a 1:20 basis on 20 February 2005. So if you had owned 20 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your White Energy Company shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 1900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for White Energy Company shares which in turn could have impacted White Energy Company 's share price.
White Energy Company share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, White Energy Company 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.058 up to $0.16. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while White Energy Company 's is 2.064. This would suggest that White Energy Company 's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
White Energy Company overview
White Energy Company Limited engages in coal technology, coal mining, and exploration businesses in Australia, Indonesia, China, Singapore, South Africa, Mauritius, the United States, and the United Kingdom. It holds license for the Binderless Coal Briquetting technology, which processes poor quality coal into a higher quality product. White Energy Company Limited is headquartered in Brisbane, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert