How to buy WestStar Industrial shares
Own WestStar Industrial shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
WestStar Industrial Limited is a building materials business based in Australia. WestStar Industrial shares (WSI) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. WestStar Industrial has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $62.5 million..
How to buy shares in WestStar Industrial
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for WestStar Industrial . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: WSI. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until WestStar Industrial reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.023, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of WestStar Industrial . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- WestStar Industrial key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is WestStar Industrial stock a buy or sell?
- WestStar Industrial performance over time
- Are WestStar Industrial shares over-valued?
- WestStar Industrial 's financials
- How volatile are WestStar Industrial shares?
- Does WestStar Industrial pay a dividend?
- Have WestStar Industrial shares ever split?
- Other common questions
WestStar Industrial share priceUse our graph to track the performance of WSI stocks over time.
WestStar Industrial shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.01 - $0.028|
|50-day moving average||$0.0181|
|200-day moving average||$0.0151|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.005|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy WestStar Industrial stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
WestStar Industrial price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-15)||0%|
|1 month (2020-12-23)||4.55%|
|3 months (2020-10-23)||-4.17%|
|6 months (2020-07-23)||53.33%|
|1 year (2020-01-23)||-8.00%|
|2 years (2019-01-23)||27.78%|
|3 years (2018-01-23)||-14.81%|
|5 years (2016-01-22)||-96.93%|
Is WestStar Industrial under- or over-valued?
Valuing WestStar Industrial stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of WestStar Industrial 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
WestStar Industrial 's P/E ratio
WestStar Industrial 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 6x. In other words, WestStar Industrial shares trade at around 6x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
WestStar Industrial 's EBITDA
WestStar Industrial 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $4 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a WestStar Industrial 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
WestStar Industrial financials
|Revenue TTM||$62.5 million|
|Operating margin TTM||5.92%|
|Gross profit TTM||$11.3 million|
|Return on assets TTM||7.49%|
|Return on equity TTM||43.18%|
|Market capitalisation||$22.4 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
WestStar Industrial share dividends
We're not expecting WestStar Industrial to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have WestStar Industrial 's shares ever split?
WestStar Industrial 's shares were split on a 1:50 basis on 20 April 2016. So if you had owned 50 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your WestStar Industrial shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 4900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for WestStar Industrial shares which in turn could have impacted WestStar Industrial 's share price.
WestStar Industrial share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, WestStar Industrial 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.01 up to $0.028. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while WestStar Industrial 's is 1.7964. This would suggest that WestStar Industrial 's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
WestStar Industrial overview
WestStar Industrial Limited, an industrial services company, provides engineering, construction, and mining services to resource, energy, and infrastructure sectors in Australia. The company operates through Precast Australia, SIMPEC, Alltype Engineering Pty Ltd, and Distinct Development segments. Its services include structural mechanical piping, electrical and instrumentation, non-process infrastructure, pipe plant and structural steel processing, fabrication, civil solutions, asset management, maintenance shutdowns and turnarounds, project management, and multidiscipline turnkey projects. The company also explores for mineral properties; undertakes construction contracting services; provides prefabricated concrete construction services; and develops properties. WestStar Industrial Limited was incorporated in 2006 and is based in Naval Base, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy WestStar Industrial units | A$51.65
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy WestStar Industrial units | A$52.8
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy WestStar Industrial units | A$104.04
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy WestStar Industrial units | A$24.04
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy WestStar Industrial units | A$89.5
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy WestStar Industrial units | A$16.94
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy WestStar Industrial units | A$73.79
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy WestStar Industrial units | A$51.56
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy WestStar Industrial units | A$9.4
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert