How to buy Warrego Energy (WGO) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Warrego Energy shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Warrego Energy Limited is an oil & gas e&p business based in Australia. Warrego Energy shares (WGO) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Warrego Energy has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $488,382. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Warrego Energy
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Warrego Energy . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: WGO. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Warrego Energy reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Warrego Energy . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
Warrego Energy stock price (ASX:WGO)Use our graph to track the performance of WGO stocks over time.
Warrego Energy shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.137 - $0.285|
|50-day moving average||$0.1929|
|200-day moving average||$0.2306|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.006|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Warrego Energy stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Warrego Energy price performance over time
|1 week (2021-10-20)||-10.34%|
|1 month (2021-09-28)||-36.59%|
|3 months (2021-07-28)||-48.00%|
|6 months (2021-04-28)||-44.68%|
|1 year (2020-10-27)||-35.00%|
|2 years (2019-10-25)||-60.00%|
|3 years (2018-10-26)||-83.75%|
|5 years (2016-10-27)||-96.98%|
Warrego Energy financials
|Gross profit TTM||$89,599|
|Return on assets TTM||-6.84%|
|Return on equity TTM||-13%|
|Market capitalisation||$171.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Warrego Energy share dividends
We're not expecting Warrego Energy to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Warrego Energy 's shares ever split?
Warrego Energy 's shares were split on a 1:20 basis on 18 March 2019. So if you had owned 20 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Warrego Energy shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 1900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Warrego Energy shares which in turn could have impacted Warrego Energy 's share price.
Warrego Energy share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Warrego Energy 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.137 up to $0.285. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Warrego Energy 's is 0.4806. This would suggest that Warrego Energy 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Warrego Energy overview
Warrego Energy Limited engages in the exploration and development of oil and gas properties. The company holds interest in the EP469 basin covering an area of 224 square kilometers; and interests in the STP-EPA-0127 basin, which comprises an area of 8,700 square kilometers located in Perth Basin, Western Australia. It also holds interests in the Tesorillo project, which include two petroleum exploration licenses, such as the Tesorillo and Ruedalabola permits covering an area of 38,000 hectares in Spain; and the El Romeral property, an integrated gas production and power station comprising of three production licenses located in the Guadalquivir basin, southern Spain. The company was incorporated in 2007 and is headquartered in Perth, Australia.
Stocks similar to Warrego Energy
Warrego Energy in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy BITO ETF units | $40.06
Steps to owning and managing ProShares Bitcoin Strategy ETF units.
Why is the AMP share price looking up today?
Shares in the wealth management giant have been largely stable in the last 6 months.
How to invest in the Judo Capital Holdings IPO
Everything we know about the Judo Capital Holdings IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Alloggio Group IPO
Everything we know about the Alloggio Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Larvotto Resources IPO
Everything we know about the Larvotto Resources IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Vulcan Steel IPO
Everything we know about the Vulcan Steel IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Artrya IPO
Everything we know about the Artrya IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the 8 Au IPO
Everything we know about the 8 Au IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Radiopharm Theranostics IPO
Everything we know about the Radiopharm Theranostics IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
What has prompted the rebound in the Kogan share price?
The online retailer’s shares have lost more than half their value in the last 12 months.
Ask an Expert