How to buy WAM Research shares
Own WAM Research shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
WAM Research Limited is an asset management business based in Australia. WAM Research shares (WAX) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. WAM Research has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $317.4 million.
How to buy shares in WAM Research
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for WAM Research . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: WAX. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until WAM Research reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $1.64, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of WAM Research . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
WAM Research share priceUse our graph to track the performance of WAX stocks over time.
WAM Research shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.9109 - $1.65|
|50-day moving average||$1.5601|
|200-day moving average||$1.4685|
|Dividend yield||$0.1 (5.98%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.163|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy WAM Research stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
WAM Research price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-18)||2.50%|
|1 month (2020-12-24)||7.19%|
|3 months (2020-10-23)||15.49%|
|6 months (2020-07-24)||19.27%|
|1 year (2020-01-24)||10.44%|
|2 years (2019-01-25)||18.41%|
|3 years (2018-01-25)||6.15%|
|5 years (2016-01-25)||23.77%|
Is WAM Research under- or over-valued?
Valuing WAM Research stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of WAM Research 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
WAM Research 's P/E ratio
WAM Research 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 174x. In other words, WAM Research shares trade at around 174x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
WAM Research financials
|Operating margin TTM||132.84%|
|Gross profit TTM||$-9,562,431|
|Return on assets TTM||-3.62%|
|Return on equity TTM||-3.72%|
|Market capitalisation||$317.4 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
WAM Research share dividends
We're not expecting WAM Research to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
WAM Research share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, WAM Research 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.9109 up to $1.65. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while WAM Research 's is 0.3228. This would suggest that WAM Research 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
WAM Research overview
WAM Research Limited is a closed-ended equity mutual fund launched and managed by MAM Pty Limited. The fund invests in public equity markets of Australia. It makes its investments in companies primarily engaged in the industrial sector. The fund invests in value and growth stocks of small to medium-cap companies. It benchmarks the performance of its portfolio against the S&P/ASX All Ordinaries Accumulation Index. The fund conducts in-house research to make its investments. It was formerly known as Wilson Investment Fund Limited. WAM Research Limited was formed on May 10, 2002 and is domiciled in Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy WAM Research units | A$51.67
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy WAM Research units | A$52.89
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy WAM Research units | A$104.57
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy WAM Research units | A$24.01
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy WAM Research units | A$90.36
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy WAM Research units | A$17.23
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy WAM Research units | A$75.54
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy WAM Research units | A$50.6
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy WAM Research units | A$9.38
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert