How to buy WAM Global shares
Own WAM Global shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
WAM Global Limited is an asset management business based in Australia. WAM Global shares (WGB) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. WAM Global has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $464.8 million.
How to buy shares in WAM Global
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for WAM Global . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: WGB. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until WAM Global reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $2.2, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of WAM Global . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
WAM Global share priceUse our graph to track the performance of WGB stocks over time.
WAM Global shares at a glance
|52-week range||$1.36 - $2.35|
|50-day moving average||$2.1231|
|200-day moving average||$1.9995|
|Dividend yield||$0.08 (3.59%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.0239|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy WAM Global stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
WAM Global price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-12)||-8.33%|
|1 month (2020-12-18)||-9.09%|
|3 months (2020-10-20)||0.46%|
|6 months (2020-07-20)||15.49%|
|1 year (2020-01-17)||-4.76%|
|2 years (2019-01-18)||10.28%|
|3 years (2018-01-16)||N/A|
|5 years (2016-01-16)||N/A|
Is WAM Global under- or over-valued?
Valuing WAM Global stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of WAM Global 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
WAM Global 's P/E ratio
WAM Global 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 94x. In other words, WAM Global shares trade at around 94x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
WAM Global financials
|Gross profit TTM||$0|
|Return on assets TTM||0%|
|Return on equity TTM||0%|
|Market capitalisation||$464.8 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
WAM Global share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 233.33% of net profits
Recently WAM Global has paid out, on average, around 233.33% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 3.59% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), WAM Global shareholders could enjoy a 3.59% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In WAM Global 's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.08 per share.
WAM Global 's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 19 October 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
WAM Global overview
WAM Global Limited is a listed investment company launched and managed by Wilson Asset Management (International) Pty Limited. The firm invests in the public equity markets across the globe. It primarily invests in value stocks of companies. WAM Global Limited is based in Sydney, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy WAM Global units | A$51.73
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy WAM Global units | A$52.92
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy WAM Global units | A$103.5
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy WAM Global units | A$23.84
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy WAM Global units | A$88.09
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy WAM Global units | A$16.16
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy WAM Global units | A$75.2
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy WAM Global units | A$50.77
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy WAM Global units | A$9.4
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert