How to buy Viva Energy REIT shares
Own Viva Energy REIT shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Viva Energy REIT is a reit-specialty business based in Australia. Viva Energy REIT shares (VVR) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Viva Energy REIT has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $173.3 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Viva Energy REIT
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Viva Energy REIT. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: VVR. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Viva Energy REIT reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Viva Energy REIT. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Viva Energy REIT key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Viva Energy REIT stock a buy or sell?
- Viva Energy REIT performance over time
- Are Viva Energy REIT shares over-valued?
- Viva Energy REIT's financials
- How volatile are Viva Energy REIT shares?
- Does Viva Energy REIT pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
Viva Energy REIT share priceUse our graph to track the performance of VVR stocks over time.
Viva Energy REIT shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0 - $0|
|50-day moving average||$2.48|
|200-day moving average||$2.5665|
|Dividend yield||$0.14 (5.92%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.257|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Viva Energy REIT stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Is Viva Energy REIT under- or over-valued?
Valuing Viva Energy REIT stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Viva Energy REIT's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Viva Energy REIT's P/E ratio
Viva Energy REIT's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 11x. In other words, Viva Energy REIT shares trade at around 11x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Viva Energy REIT financials
|Revenue TTM||$173.3 million|
|Operating margin TTM||95.22%|
|Gross profit TTM||$154.5 million|
|Return on assets TTM||3.94%|
|Return on equity TTM||11.7%|
|Market capitalisation||$1.9 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Viva Energy REIT share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 55.87% of net profits
Recently Viva Energy REIT has paid out, on average, around 55.87% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 5.92% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Viva Energy REIT shareholders could enjoy a 5.92% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Viva Energy REIT's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.14 per share.
Viva Energy REIT's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 29 December 2019 (the "ex-dividend date").
Viva Energy REIT share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Viva Energy REIT's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0 up to $0. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Viva Energy REIT's is 0.1759. This would suggest that Viva Energy REIT's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Viva Energy REIT overview
Viva Energy REIT is Australia's largest listed REIT owning solely service station properties with a high quality portfolio of service stations across all Australian States and mainland Territories. Viva Energy REIT's objective is to maximise the long-term income and capital returns from its ownership of the portfolio for the benefit of all security holders. Viva Energy REIT is a stapled entity in which one share in Viva Energy REIT Limited (ABN 35 612 986 517) is stapled to one unit in the Viva Energy REIT Trust (ARSN 613 146 464). This ASX announcement is prepared for information purposes only and is correct at the time of release to the ASX. Factual circumstances may change following the release of this announcement.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Staple items worth a splurge and how you can grab a cheeky 30% off all of them
We've got a cheeky 30% off at THE ICONIC so here are the staple items worth a splurge because the savings are too damn good.
THE ICONIC x Finder: Huge 30% off sale + 5 things to shop right now
THE ICONIC's massive sale is exclusive to Finder members and applies to over 40,000 must-have items.
Why the BHP, Rio and FMG share prices are rising
Shares in mining giants BHP, Rio Tinto and Fortescue Metals have climbed between 10%-16% in the last 6 months.
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: $1,000 off Dell gaming laptops, 30% off kids toys, win $10,000 with Optus.
eBay EOFY sales: Best deals from Apple, KitchenAid and more
Score up to 65% off best-selling products with these top end of financial year offers.
Thinking about teeth aligners? Here’s how to make them more affordable
SPONSORED: Perfect teeth could be in closer reach than you think.
Your first look at the Billie Eilish x Air Jordan 1 sneaker collab
Featuring Billie's signature shade, here's what you need to know if you want to cop these kicks.
Amazon Prime Day 2021: Don’t miss these deals on 21 June
Amazon Prime Day is returning to Australia in the first half of 2021. Here are six online deals you need to know about.
Ask an Expert