How to buy Vital Metals shares
Own Vital Metals shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Vital Metals Limited is an other industrial metals & mining business based in Australia. Vital Metals shares (VML) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Vital Metals has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $41,413..
How to buy shares in Vital Metals
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Vital Metals . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: VML. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Vital Metals reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.029, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Vital Metals . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Vital Metals key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Vital Metals stock a buy or sell?
- Vital Metals performance over time
- Are Vital Metals shares over-valued?
- Vital Metals 's financials
- How volatile are Vital Metals shares?
- Does Vital Metals pay a dividend?
- Have Vital Metals shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Vital Metals share priceUse our graph to track the performance of VML stocks over time.
Vital Metals shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.005 - $0.037|
|50-day moving average||$0.0245|
|200-day moving average||$0.0147|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.002|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Vital Metals stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Vital Metals price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-15)||-23.68%|
|1 month (2020-12-23)||0%|
|3 months (2020-10-23)||0%|
|6 months (2020-07-23)||163.64%|
|1 year (2020-01-23)||141.67%|
|2 years (2019-01-23)||241.18%|
|3 years (2018-01-23)||190.00%|
|5 years (2016-01-20)||171.03%|
Is Vital Metals under- or over-valued?
Valuing Vital Metals stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Vital Metals 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Vital Metals 's P/E ratio
Vital Metals 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 4x. In other words, Vital Metals shares trade at around 4x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Vital Metals financials
|Gross profit TTM||$41,413|
|Return on assets TTM||-19.82%|
|Return on equity TTM||-32.18%|
|Market capitalisation||$76.7 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Vital Metals share dividends
We're not expecting Vital Metals to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Vital Metals 's shares ever split?
Vital Metals 's shares were split on a 1:10 basis on 27 November 2018. So if you had owned 10 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Vital Metals shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Vital Metals shares which in turn could have impacted Vital Metals 's share price.
Vital Metals share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Vital Metals 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.005 up to $0.037. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Vital Metals 's is 1.601. This would suggest that Vital Metals 's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Vital Metals overview
Vital Metals Limited explores for and develops rare earths, technology metals, and gold projects in Canada, Africa, and Germany. It holds 100% interest in the Nechalacho rare earths project located at Nechalacho in the Northwest Territories of Canada. The company was incorporated in 2004 and is headquartered in Sydney, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Vital Metals units | A$51.65
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Vital Metals units | A$52.8
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Vital Metals units | A$104.04
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Vital Metals units | A$24.04
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Vital Metals units | A$89.5
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Vital Metals units | A$16.94
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Vital Metals units | A$73.79
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Vital Metals units | A$51.56
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Vital Metals units | A$9.4
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert