How to buy Vita Life Sciences shares
Own Vita Life Sciences shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Vita Life Sciences Limited is a drug manufacturers—specialty & generic business based in Australia. Vita Life Sciences shares (VLS) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Vita Life Sciences has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $44.6 million..
How to buy shares in Vita Life Sciences
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Vita Life Sciences . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: VLS. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Vita Life Sciences reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.92, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Vita Life Sciences . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Vita Life Sciences key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Vita Life Sciences stock a buy or sell?
- Vita Life Sciences performance over time
- Are Vita Life Sciences shares over-valued?
- Vita Life Sciences 's financials
- How volatile are Vita Life Sciences shares?
- Does Vita Life Sciences pay a dividend?
- Have Vita Life Sciences shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Vita Life Sciences share priceUse our graph to track the performance of VLS stocks over time.
Vita Life Sciences shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.54 - $0.97|
|50-day moving average||$0.9335|
|200-day moving average||$0.6918|
|Dividend yield||$0.04 (3.91%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.095|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Vita Life Sciences stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Vita Life Sciences price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-15)||-7.07%|
|1 month (2020-12-23)||-6.12%|
|3 months (2020-10-23)||5.14%|
|6 months (2020-07-23)||31.43%|
|1 year (2020-01-23)||41.54%|
|2 years (2019-01-23)||-7.07%|
|3 years (2018-01-23)||26.90%|
|5 years (2016-01-22)||-44.24%|
Is Vita Life Sciences under- or over-valued?
Valuing Vita Life Sciences stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Vita Life Sciences 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Vita Life Sciences 's P/E ratio
Vita Life Sciences 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 10x. In other words, Vita Life Sciences shares trade at around 10x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Vita Life Sciences 's EBITDA
Vita Life Sciences 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $7.2 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Vita Life Sciences 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Vita Life Sciences financials
|Revenue TTM||$44.6 million|
|Operating margin TTM||15.55%|
|Gross profit TTM||$27.9 million|
|Return on assets TTM||12.02%|
|Return on equity TTM||22.77%|
|Market capitalisation||$51.9 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Vita Life Sciences share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 37.5% of net profits
Recently Vita Life Sciences has paid out, on average, around 37.5% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 3.91% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Vita Life Sciences shareholders could enjoy a 3.91% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Vita Life Sciences 's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.04 per share.
While Vita Life Sciences 's payout ratio might seem fairly standard, it's worth remembering that Vita Life Sciences may be investing much of the rest of its net profits in future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 24 September 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Have Vita Life Sciences 's shares ever split?
Vita Life Sciences 's shares were split on 1 July 2009.
Vita Life Sciences share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Vita Life Sciences 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.54 up to $0.97. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Vita Life Sciences 's is 0.1367. This would suggest that Vita Life Sciences 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Vita Life Sciences overview
Vita Life Sciences Limited, a pharmaceutical and healthcare company, engages in formulation, packaging, sale, and distribution of vitamins and supplements. It offers a range of supplements, vitamins, minerals, herbs, and superfoods. The company markets its products through pharmacies and health food stores under the VitaHealth, Herbs of Gold, VitaScience, and VitaLife brand names. It operates in Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Hong Kong, and China. Vita Life Sciences Limited was founded in 1947 and is headquartered in Kirrawee, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Vita Life Sciences units | A$51.65
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Vita Life Sciences units | A$52.8
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Vita Life Sciences units | A$104.04
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Vita Life Sciences units | A$24.04
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Vita Life Sciences units | A$89.5
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Vita Life Sciences units | A$16.94
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Vita Life Sciences units | A$73.79
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Vita Life Sciences units | A$51.56
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Vita Life Sciences units | A$9.4
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert