How to buy Vista Group International (VGL) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Vista Group International shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Vista Group International Limited is a software-application business based in Australia. Vista Group International shares (VGL) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Vista Group International has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $87.5 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Vista Group International
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Vista Group International . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: VGL. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Vista Group International reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Vista Group International . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Vista Group International key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Vista Group International stock a buy or sell?
- Vista Group International performance over time
- Vista Group International 's financials
- How volatile are Vista Group International shares?
- Does Vista Group International pay a dividend?
- Have Vista Group International shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Vista Group International stock price (ASX:VGL)Use our graph to track the performance of VGL stocks over time.
Vista Group International shares at a glance
|52-week range||$1.065 - $2.5|
|50-day moving average||$2.1663|
|200-day moving average||$1.9184|
|Dividend yield||$0.023 (1.06%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.049|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Vista Group International stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Vista Group International price performance over time
|1 month (2021-07-05)||-6.98%|
|3 months (2021-05-05)||-15.61%|
|5 years (2016-08-01)||inf%|
Vista Group International financials
|Revenue TTM||$87.5 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$32.1 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-7.54%|
|Return on equity TTM||-34.72%|
|Market capitalisation||$512.5 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Vista Group International share dividends
We're not expecting Vista Group International to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Vista Group International 's shares ever split?
Vista Group International 's shares were split on a 2:1 basis on 26 November 2017. So if you had owned 1 share the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 2 shares. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Vista Group International shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 50% lower share price could have impacted the market appetite for Vista Group International shares which in turn could have impacted Vista Group International 's share price.
Vista Group International share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Vista Group International 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $1.065 up to $2.5. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Vista Group International 's is 1.6751. This would suggest that Vista Group International 's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Vista Group International overview
Vista Group International Limited engages in the development, sale, and support of software solutions to the film industry worldwide. The company operates through Cinema, Movio, and Additional Group Companies segments. It offers Vista Cinema, a cinema management software for cinema exhibitors in the large circuit market; and Veezi, a cloud-based software as a service cinema management software for cinema exhibitors in the small circuit market. The company also provides Movio, a cloud-based solution that maintains real-time data on customer transactions for cinema chains; and MACCS, a multiple-module software that offers theatrical distribution, movie prints, and advertising services, as well as rights and royalties management services. In addition, it offers Powster, a studio that provides creative services to the film and music industry, as well as creates products to help users engage with entertainment content; Flicks, an authoritative guide for cinemas; Numero, box office tracking and reporting software for film distributors and cinemas; and Cinema Intelligence and movieXchange solutions. Further, the company provides software licensing; Web platform development and licensing; and online loyalty, data analytics, and marketing services. Vista Group International Limited was founded in 1996 and is based in Auckland, New Zealand.
Stocks similar to Vista Group International
Vista Group International in the news
If You Had Bought Vista Group International (NZSE:VGL) Stock A Year Ago, You Could Pocket A 73% Gain Today
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the X2M Connect IPO
Everything we know about the X2M Connect IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Industrial Minerals (IND.AU) shares
Steps to owning and managing Industrial Minerals shares.
How to invest in the SSH Group IPO
Everything we know about the SSH Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Iris Metals IPO
Everything we know about the Iris Metals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Li-S Energy IPO
Everything we know about the Li-S Energy IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Clarity Pharmaceuticals IPO IPO
Everything we know about the Clarity Pharmaceuticals IPO IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the TEK-Ocean Group IPO
Everything we know about the TEK-Ocean Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy HNC Coin (HNC) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Hellenic Coin (HNC) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Maro (MARO) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Maro (MARO) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Ethernity Chain (ERN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Ethernity Chain (ERN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert