How to buy Vista Group International (VGL) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Vista Group International shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Vista Group International is a software-application business based in Australia. Vista Group International shares (VGL) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian dollars. Vista Group International has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $98.1 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Vista Group International
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Vista Group International . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: VGL. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Vista Group International reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Vista Group International . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Vista Group International key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Vista Group International stock a buy or sell?
- Vista Group International performance over time
- Vista Group International 's financials
- How volatile are Vista Group International shares?
- Does Vista Group International pay a dividend?
- Have Vista Group International shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Vista Group International stock price (ASX:VGL)Use our graph to track the performance of VGL stocks over time.
Vista Group International shares at a glance
|52-week range||$1.315 - $2.74|
|50-day moving average||$1.5119|
|200-day moving average||$1.9684|
|Dividend yield||$0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.039|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Vista Group International stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Vista Group International price performance over time
|1 week (2022-06-24)||4.90%|
|1 month (2022-06-03)||7.91%|
|3 months (2022-04-05)||-9.09%|
|6 months (2022-01-05)||-32.74%|
|1 year (2021-07-05)||-30.23%|
|2 years (2020-07-03)||9.49%|
|3 years (2019-07-05)||-72.73%|
|5 years (2017-07-03)||-44.85%|
Vista Group International financials
|Revenue TTM||$98.1 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$61.7 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-1.74%|
|Return on equity TTM||-6.16%|
|Market capitalisation||$354.5 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Vista Group International share dividends
We're not expecting Vista Group International to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Vista Group International 's shares ever split?
Vista Group International 's shares were split on a 2:1 basis on 22 November 2017. So if you had owned 1 share the day before the split, the next day you would own 2 shares. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Vista Group International shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 50% lower share price could have impacted the market appetite for Vista Group International shares which in turn could have impacted Vista Group International 's share price.
Vista Group International share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Vista Group International 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $1.315 up to $2.74. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Vista Group International 's is 1.6069. This would suggest that Vista Group International 's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Vista Group International overview
Vista Group International Limited provides software and data analytics solutions to the film industry worldwide. It operates through three segments: Cinema, Movio, and Additional Group Companies. The company offers Vista Cinema, a cinema management software; and Veezi, a cloud-based software as a service cinema management software for cinema exhibitors in the small circuit market. It also provides Movio, a cloud-based solution that offers marketing data analytics and campaign management solutions; Numero, a box office reporting platform for film distributors and cinemas; and MACCS, a multiple-module software that offers theatrical distribution, movie prints, and advertising services, as well as rights and royalties management services. In addition, the company offers Flicks, which offers digital advertising channel for movie studios and distributors; and Powster, a studio that develops creative and engaging content, such as music videos, websites, interactive experiences, and others, as well as Cinema Intelligence and movieXchange solutions. Further, it provides software licensing; Web platform licensing; and data analytics, and marketing services. The company was founded in 1996 and is based in Auckland, New Zealand.
Stocks similar to Vista Group International
Vista Group International in the news
The past three years for Vista Group International (NZSE:VGL) investors has not been profitable
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Nordic Nickel (NNL) shares
Steps to owning and managing Nordic Nickel shares.
How to buy Dusk (DSK) shares
Steps to owning and managing Dusk shares.
How to invest in the Octava Minerals IPO
Everything we know about the Octava Minerals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Australia Sunny Glass Group IPO
Everything we know about the Australia Sunny Glass Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Kincora Copper (KCC) shares
Steps to owning and managing Kincora Copper shares.
How to invest in the Dragon Mountain Gold IPO
Everything we know about the Dragon Mountain Gold IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Arcadia Minerals (AM7) shares
Steps to owning and managing Arcadia Minerals shares.
How to buy Nexgen Energy (NXG) shares
Steps to owning and managing Nexgen Energy shares.
How to buy Keypath Education (KED) shares
Steps to owning and managing Keypath Education shares.
What are green bonds and how do they impact the world?
If you want to directly fund climate solutions a green bond is a great place to start. Here is how they work.
Ask an Expert