How to buy Vimy Resources (VMY) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Vimy Resources shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Vimy Resources Limited is an uranium business based in Australia. Vimy Resources shares (VMY) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Vimy Resources has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $134.3 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Vimy Resources
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Vimy Resources . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: VMY. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Vimy Resources reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Vimy Resources . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
Vimy Resources stock price (ASX:VMY)Use our graph to track the performance of VMY stocks over time.
Vimy Resources shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.03 - $0.17|
|50-day moving average||$0.1153|
|200-day moving average||$0.1163|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.015|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Vimy Resources stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Vimy Resources price performance over time
|1 month (2021-07-06)||26.09%|
|3 months (2021-05-06)||0.145|
Vimy Resources financials
|Operating margin TTM||61382.56%|
|Gross profit TTM||$0|
|Return on assets TTM||-30.37%|
|Return on equity TTM||-121.4%|
|Market capitalisation||$134.3 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Vimy Resources share dividends
We're not expecting Vimy Resources to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Vimy Resources 's shares ever split?
Vimy Resources 's shares were split on a 1:7 basis on 1 December 2014. So if you had owned 7 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Vimy Resources shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 600% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Vimy Resources shares which in turn could have impacted Vimy Resources 's share price.
Vimy Resources share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Vimy Resources 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.03 up to $0.17. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Vimy Resources 's is 1.879. This would suggest that Vimy Resources 's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Vimy Resources overview
Vimy Resources Limited, a resource development company, explores and evaluates uranium projects in Australia. The company's flagship property is the 100% owned Mulga Rock project located to the east-northeast of the Kalgoorlie in Western Australia. The company was formerly known as Energy and Minerals Australia Limited and changed its name to Vimy Resources Limited in December 2014. Vimy Resources Limited was founded in 2006 and is based in West Perth, Australia.
Stocks similar to Vimy Resources
Vimy Resources in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the WAY2VAT IPO
Everything we know about the WAY2VAT IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Pearl Gull Iron IPO
Everything we know about the Pearl Gull Iron IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Zoom2u Technologies IPO
Everything we know about the Zoom2u Technologies IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Copper Search IPO
Copper Search is expected to go public . Here's how to buy in when the IPO launches.
How to invest in the Alvo Minerals IPO
Everything we know about the Alvo Minerals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Star Minerals Limited IPO
Everything we know about the Star Minerals Limited IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Heavy Mineral Limited IPO
Everything we know about the Heavy Mineral Limited IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the X2M Connect IPO
Everything we know about the X2M Connect IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Industrial Minerals (IND.AU) shares
Steps to owning and managing Industrial Minerals shares.
How to invest in the SSH Group IPO
Everything we know about the SSH Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Ask an Expert