How to buy VGI Partners Global Investments (VG1) shares
Learn how to easily invest in VGI Partners Global Investments shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
VGI Partners Global Investments is an asset management business based in Australia. VGI Partners Global Investments shares (VG1) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. VGI Partners Global Investments has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $98.1 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in VGI Partners Global Investments
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for VGI Partners Global Investments . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: VG1. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until VGI Partners Global Investments reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of VGI Partners Global Investments . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- VGI Partners Global Investments key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is VGI Partners Global Investments stock a buy or sell?
- VGI Partners Global Investments performance over time
- Are VGI Partners Global Investments shares over-valued?
- VGI Partners Global Investments 's financials
- How volatile are VGI Partners Global Investments shares?
- Does VGI Partners Global Investments pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
VGI Partners Global Investments stock price (ASX:VG1)Use our graph to track the performance of VG1 stocks over time.
VGI Partners Global Investments shares at a glance
|52-week range||$1.955 - $2.7|
|50-day moving average||$2.422|
|200-day moving average||$2.2655|
|Dividend yield||$0.07 (3.45%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.112|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy VGI Partners Global Investments stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
VGI Partners Global Investments price performance over time
|1 week (2022-01-14)||-7.39%|
|1 month (2021-12-24)||-6.47%|
|3 months (2021-10-22)||-11.74%|
|6 months (2021-07-23)||-20.00%|
|1 year (2021-01-22)||-10.90%|
|2 years (2020-01-23)||-15.70%|
|3 years (2019-01-23)||-16.56%|
Is VGI Partners Global Investments under- or over-valued?
Valuing VGI Partners Global Investments stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of VGI Partners Global Investments 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
VGI Partners Global Investments 's P/E ratio
VGI Partners Global Investments 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 5x. In other words, VGI Partners Global Investments shares trade at around 5x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
VGI Partners Global Investments 's EBITDA
VGI Partners Global Investments 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $83.9 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a VGI Partners Global Investments 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
VGI Partners Global Investments financials
|Revenue TTM||$98.1 million|
|Operating margin TTM||73.56%|
|Gross profit TTM||$267.4 million|
|Return on assets TTM||3.08%|
|Return on equity TTM||4.75%|
|Market capitalisation||$822 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
VGI Partners Global Investments share dividends
We're not expecting VGI Partners Global Investments to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
VGI Partners Global Investments share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, VGI Partners Global Investments 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $1.955 up to $2.7. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while VGI Partners Global Investments 's is 0.2671. This would suggest that VGI Partners Global Investments 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
VGI Partners Global Investments overview
VGI Partners Global Investments Limited provides investors with access to a portfolio of long investments and short positions in global listed securities. The company was incorporated in 2017 and is based in Sydney, Australia.
VGI Partners Global Investments in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Ethereum price plummets as crypto industry’s combined market cap drops by 10% within hours
With the total market cap of the crypto sector dropping by a whopping 10% within the last few hours, it seems as though the coming few days could be highly volatile for ETH.
Back to school laptops: Buying guide
What are the things to watch out for when buying your child's first laptop?
Bitcoin price dips below key level as Russia prepares for a blanket crypto ban
As Russia gets ready to outlaw its local crypto market, BTC could be faced with even greater volatility in the near future.
How to watch UFC 270 Ngannou vs Gane online and start time in Australia
Heavyweight stars Fancis Ngannou and Cyril Gane headline UFC 270.
Why has the Rio Tinto share price dropped today?
Shares in Rio Tinto have climbed more than 15% in the last month.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Stanmore Coal (SMR ↑5.2%), Kelly Partners Group Holdings (KPG ↑3.3%)
Here are the 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Friday 21 January 2022.
Beauty Product of the Week: Gisou Honey Infused Leave-In Conditioner
This leave-in conditioner transformed my unwashed mop into silky locks that would make Rapunzel envious.
Samsung confirms Galaxy S22 Ultra will be a Note phone
Samsung's next flagship S22 phone will be, in its own less than subtle phrasing, "noteworthy".
Top 10 TV shows in Australia this week and where to watch them
A fun superhero series, an epic sci-fi and a dark teen drama are among our top picks this week.
Ask an Expert