How to buy Vaxart (VXRT) shares in Australia
Learn how to easily invest in Vaxart shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Vaxart Inc is a biotechnology business with stocks listed in the US. Vaxart shares (VXRT) are listed on the NASDAQ and all prices are listed in US Dollars. Its last market close was US$3.69 – an increase of 18.27% over the previous week. Here's how to invest if you're based in Australia.
How to buy shares in Vaxart
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares in a US company from Australia you'll need to find a trading platform that offers access to US stock markets. If you're just starting out, look for a platform with low brokerage and foreign exchange fees.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for Vaxart. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: VXRT. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Vaxart reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At last close price of US$3.69, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of Vaxart, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Vaxart. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
Vaxart stock price (NASDAQ:VXRT)Use our graph to track the performance of VXRT stocks over time.
Vaxart shares at a glance
|52-week range||US$2.49 - US$10.33|
|50-day moving average||US$3.6534|
|200-day moving average||US$5.6063|
|Dividend yield||US$0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||US$-0.641|
Compare trading apps to buy Vaxart shares
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Vaxart stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Vaxart price performance over time
|1 week (2022-06-17)||18.27%|
|1 month (2022-05-25)||10.48%|
|3 months (2022-03-21)||-26.20%|
|6 months (2021-12-23)||-46.52%|
|1 year (2021-06-25)||-56.79%|
|2 years (2020-06-25)||-41.05%|
|3 years (2019-06-25)||420.08%|
|5 years (2017-06-23)||-42.09%|
Stocks similar to Vaxart
|Gross profit TTM||US$-47,857,000|
|Return on assets TTM||-24.31%|
|Return on equity TTM||-46.45%|
|Market capitalisation||US$394.5 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Vaxart share dividends
We're not expecting Vaxart to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Vaxart's shares ever split?
Vaxart's shares were split on a 1:11 basis on 14 February 2018. So if you had owned 11 shares the day before the split, the next day you would own 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Vaxart shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 1000% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Vaxart shares which in turn could have impacted Vaxart's share price.
Vaxart share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Vaxart's shares have ranged in value from as little as US$2.49 up to US$10.33. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (NASDAQ average) beta is 1, while Vaxart's is 0.7052. This would suggest that Vaxart's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Vaxart, Inc., a clinical-stage biotechnology company, engages in the discovery and development of oral recombinant protein vaccines based on its proprietary oral vaccine platform. The company's product pipeline includes norovirus vaccine, an oral tablet vaccine, which is in a Phase Ib clinical trial with bivalent oral tablet vaccine for the GI.1 and GII.4 norovirus strains; seasonal influenza vaccine, which is in Phase II clinical trial for the treatment of H1 influenza infection; respiratory syncytial virus vaccine; and coronavirus vaccine, which is in Phase II clinical trial for the treatment of SARS-CoV-2 infection. It is also developing therapeutic vaccines for cervical cancer and dysplasia caused by human papillomavirus. The company is headquartered in South San Francisco, California.
Vaxart in the news
Vaxart to Host Investor Q&A Webcast
Vaxart to Host Investor Q&A Webcast
Vaxart Announces Adjournment of Annual Meeting of Stockholders
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Nexgen Energy (NXG) shares
Steps to owning and managing Nexgen Energy shares.
How to buy Keypath Education (KED) shares
Steps to owning and managing Keypath Education shares.
What are green bonds and how do they impact the world?
If you want to directly fund climate solutions a green bond is a great place to start. Here is how they work.
5 best ways to invest money in Australia in 2022
What's the best way to invest money in Australia? Find out about robo advisors, index funds, cryptocurrency and more in this guide.
How to buy EBR Systems (EBR) shares
Steps to owning and managing EBR Systems shares.
How to buy 5E Advanced Materials (5EA) shares
Steps to owning and managing 5E Advanced Materials shares.
How to buy Leo lithium shares
Steps to owning and managing Leo lithium shares.
How to buy Besra Gold (BEZ) shares
Steps to owning and managing Besra Gold shares.
How to buy The Lottery Corporation (TLC) shares
Steps to owning and managing The Lottery Corporation shares.
How to buy BSP Financial Group (BFL) shares
Steps to owning and managing Endeavour Group shares.
Ask an Expert