How to buy Variscan Mines (VAR) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Variscan Mines shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Variscan Mines Limited is an other industrial metals & mining business based in Australia. Variscan Mines shares (VAR) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Variscan Mines has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $4,196. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Variscan Mines
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Variscan Mines . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: VAR. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Variscan Mines reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Variscan Mines . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
Variscan Mines stock price (ASX:VAR)Use our graph to track the performance of VAR stocks over time.
Variscan Mines shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.023 - $0.15|
|50-day moving average||$0.0766|
|200-day moving average||$0.046|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.0127|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Variscan Mines stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Variscan Mines price performance over time
|1 month (2021-07-06)||17.81%|
|3 months (2021-05-06)||126.32%|
|2 years (2019-08-02)||inf%|
|3 years (2018-08-02)||inf%|
|5 years (2016-08-02)||inf%|
Variscan Mines financials
|Gross profit TTM||$1,692|
|Return on assets TTM||-8.33%|
|Return on equity TTM||-15.96%|
|Market capitalisation||$18.4 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Variscan Mines share dividends
We're not expecting Variscan Mines to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Variscan Mines 's shares ever split?
Variscan Mines 's shares were split on a 1:20 basis on 26 December 2019. So if you had owned 20 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Variscan Mines shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 1900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Variscan Mines shares which in turn could have impacted Variscan Mines 's share price.
Variscan Mines share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Variscan Mines 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.023 up to $0.15. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Variscan Mines 's is 2.1709. This would suggest that Variscan Mines 's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
Variscan Mines overview
Variscan Mines Limited engages in the acquisition, exploration, and development of mineral properties. It explores for zinc, copper, gold, lead, uranium, and precious metal deposits. The company owns interests in the Novales/Udias and Guajaraz projects located in Spain; the Rosario project located to the east of the port city of Chanaral, Chile; and the Junction Dam and Callabonna tenements located in South Australia. The company was formerly known as PlatSearch NL and changed its name to Variscan Mines Limited in January 2014. Variscan Mines Limited was incorporated in 1987 and is based in Perth, Australia.
Stocks similar to Variscan Mines
Variscan Mines in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the WAY2VAT IPO
Everything we know about the WAY2VAT IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Pearl Gull Iron IPO
Everything we know about the Pearl Gull Iron IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Zoom2u Technologies IPO
Everything we know about the Zoom2u Technologies IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Copper Search IPO
Copper Search is expected to go public . Here's how to buy in when the IPO launches.
How to invest in the Alvo Minerals IPO
Everything we know about the Alvo Minerals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Star Minerals Limited IPO
Everything we know about the Star Minerals Limited IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Heavy Mineral Limited IPO
Everything we know about the Heavy Mineral Limited IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the X2M Connect IPO
Everything we know about the X2M Connect IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Industrial Minerals (IND.AU) shares
Steps to owning and managing Industrial Minerals shares.
How to invest in the SSH Group IPO
Everything we know about the SSH Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Ask an Expert