Vanguard US Total Market Shares Index ETF (VTS) is an exchange traded fund listed on the ASX. It closed at A$236 on 2020-09-30. All prices are listed in Australian Dollars.
How to buy the Vanguard US Total Market Shares Index ETF
- Compare online brokers. To invest in exchange traded funds (ETFs) listed in Australia, you’ll need to sign up to an ETF broker platform with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for the Vanguard US Total Market Shares Index ETF. Find the ETF by name or ticker symbol: VTS. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until the Vanguard US Total Market Shares Index ETF reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. Look at today's price and weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you've invested in the Vanguard US Total Market Shares Index ETF. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how the fund performs over time
Vanguard US Total Market Shares Index ETF price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-23)||-0.18%|
|1 month (2020-09-01)||-1.67%|
|3 months (2020-07-01)||4.40%|
|6 months (2020-03-30)||14.09%|
|1 year (2019-09-30)||5.64%|
|2 years (2018-09-28)||13.58%|
|3 years (2017-09-29)||43.28%|
|5 years (2015-09-30)||69.21%|
Vanguard US Total Market Shares Index ETF unit priceUse our graph to track the performance of VTS stocks over time.
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare ETF brokers
Detailed fund information
The investment seeks to track the performance of a benchmark index that measures the investment return of the overall U.S. stock market. The CRSP US Total Market Index, represents approximately 100%of the investable U.S. stock market and includes large-, mid-, small-, and micro-cap stocks regularly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and Nasdaq.
Ask an Expert