Vanguard Australian Shares High Yield ETF (VHY) is an exchange traded fund listed on the ASX. It opened the day at A$N/A, after a previous close of A$N/A. During the day the price has varied from a low of A$N/A to a high of A$N/A. The latest price was A$N/A (25-minute delay). All prices are listed in Australian Dollars.
How to buy the Vanguard Australian Shares High Yield ETF
- Compare online brokers. To invest in exchange traded funds (ETFs) listed in Australia, you’ll need to sign up to an ETF broker platform with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for the Vanguard Australian Shares High Yield ETF. Find the ETF by name or ticker symbol: VHY. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until the Vanguard Australian Shares High Yield ETF reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. Look at today's price and weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you've invested in the Vanguard Australian Shares High Yield ETF. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how the fund performs over time
Vanguard Australian Shares High Yield ETF unit priceUse our graph to track the performance of VHY stocks over time.
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare ETF brokers
Detailed fund information
The fund employs an index management strategy designed to track the return (income and capital appreciation) of the FTSE ASFA Australia High Dividend Yield Index. To closely track the index, the fund will aim to hold all of the securities in the index (at most times) allowing for individual security weightings to vary marginally from the index from time to time. The fund may invest in securities that have been or are expected to be included in the index.
Ask an Expert