How to buy Universal Coal Plc shares
Own Universal Coal Plc shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Universal Coal Plc is a thermal coal business based in Australia. Universal Coal Plc shares (UNV) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Universal Coal Plc has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $451.4 million.
How to buy shares in Universal Coal Plc
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Universal Coal Plc. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: UNV. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Universal Coal Plc reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $N/A, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Universal Coal Plc. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Universal Coal Plc key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Universal Coal Plc stock a buy or sell?
- Universal Coal Plc performance over time
- Are Universal Coal Plc shares over-valued?
- Universal Coal Plc's financials
- How volatile are Universal Coal Plc shares?
- Does Universal Coal Plc pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
Universal Coal Plc share priceUse our graph to track the performance of UNV stocks over time.
Universal Coal Plc shares at a glance
|52-week range||AUDA$0.1 - AUDA$0.265|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.16|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.1765|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.02|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Universal Coal Plc stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Is Universal Coal Plc under- or over-valued?
Valuing Universal Coal Plc stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Universal Coal Plc's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Universal Coal Plc's P/E ratio
Universal Coal Plc's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 11x. In other words, Universal Coal Plc shares trade at around 11x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Universal Coal Plc's EBITDA
Universal Coal Plc's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $63.5 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Universal Coal Plc's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Universal Coal Plc financials
|Revenue TTM||$451.4 million|
|Operating margin TTM||8.8%|
|Gross profit TTM||$120 million|
|Return on assets TTM||6.75%|
|Return on equity TTM||6.92%|
|Market capitalisation||$83.6 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Universal Coal Plc share dividends
We're not expecting Universal Coal Plc to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Universal Coal Plc share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Universal Coal Plc's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.1 up to $0.265. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Universal Coal Plc's is 0.3412. This would suggest that Universal Coal Plc's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Universal Coal Plc overview
Universal Coal Plc, a coal mining company, engages in acquisition, exploration, development, and commercialization of coal projects in the Republic of South Africa. The company holds interests in thermal coal projects, including 70.5% interest in the Kangala project located in the Witbank coalfield in Mpumalanga province; 49% interest in the New Clydesdale Colliery coal project situated in the Kriel district, North Block Complex project located in the west of Belfast in Mpumalanga province, and Ubuntu Colliery coal project located in the Delmas district; and 49% interest in Eloff project and 50% interest in the Arnot South project located in the Witbank coalfield. It also holds 50% interest in the Berenice/Cygnus coking coal projects situated in the Soutpansberg coalfield southwest of Musina. Universal Coal Plc was incorporated in 2002 and is based in London, the United Kingdom. As of March 26, 2020, Universal Coal Plc operates as a subsidiary of TerraCom Limited.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert