How to buy Universal Coal Plc (UNV) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Universal Coal Plc shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Universal Coal Plc is a thermal coal business based in Australia. Universal Coal Plc shares (UNV) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Universal Coal Plc has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $451.4 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Universal Coal Plc
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Universal Coal Plc. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: UNV. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Universal Coal Plc reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Universal Coal Plc. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Universal Coal Plc key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Universal Coal Plc stock a buy or sell?
- Universal Coal Plc performance over time
- Are Universal Coal Plc shares over-valued?
- Universal Coal Plc's financials
- How volatile are Universal Coal Plc shares?
- Does Universal Coal Plc pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
Universal Coal Plc stock price (ASX:UNV)Use our graph to track the performance of UNV stocks over time.
Universal Coal Plc shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0 - $0|
|50-day moving average||$0.16|
|200-day moving average||$0.1765|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.02|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Universal Coal Plc stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Is Universal Coal Plc under- or over-valued?
Valuing Universal Coal Plc stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Universal Coal Plc's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Universal Coal Plc's P/E ratio
Universal Coal Plc's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 11x. In other words, Universal Coal Plc shares trade at around 11x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Universal Coal Plc's EBITDA
Universal Coal Plc's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $63.5 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Universal Coal Plc's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Universal Coal Plc financials
|Revenue TTM||$451.4 million|
|Operating margin TTM||8.8%|
|Gross profit TTM||$120 million|
|Return on assets TTM||6.75%|
|Return on equity TTM||6.92%|
|Market capitalisation||$83.6 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Universal Coal Plc share dividends
We're not expecting Universal Coal Plc to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Universal Coal Plc share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Universal Coal Plc's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0 up to $0. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Universal Coal Plc's is 0.3412. This would suggest that Universal Coal Plc's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Universal Coal Plc overview
Universal Coal Plc, a coal mining company, engages in acquisition, exploration, development, and commercialization of coal projects in the Republic of South Africa. The company holds interests in thermal coal projects, including 70.5% interest in the Kangala project located in the Witbank coalfield in Mpumalanga province; 49% interest in the New Clydesdale Colliery coal project situated in the Kriel district, North Block Complex project located in the west of Belfast in Mpumalanga province, and Ubuntu Colliery coal project located in the Delmas district; and 49% interest in Eloff project and 50% interest in the Arnot South project located in the Witbank coalfield. It also holds 50% interest in the Berenice/Cygnus coking coal projects situated in the Soutpansberg coalfield southwest of Musina. Universal Coal Plc was incorporated in 2002 and is based in London, the United Kingdom. As of March 26, 2020, Universal Coal Plc operates as a subsidiary of TerraCom Limited.
Universal Coal Plc in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the X2M Connect IPO
Everything we know about the X2M Connect IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Industrial Minerals (IND.AU) shares
Steps to owning and managing Industrial Minerals shares.
How to invest in the SSH Group IPO
Everything we know about the SSH Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Iris Metals IPO
Everything we know about the Iris Metals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Li-S Energy IPO
Everything we know about the Li-S Energy IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Clarity Pharmaceuticals IPO IPO
Everything we know about the Clarity Pharmaceuticals IPO IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the TEK-Ocean Group IPO
Everything we know about the TEK-Ocean Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy HNC Coin (HNC) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Hellenic Coin (HNC) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Maro (MARO) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Maro (MARO) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Ethernity Chain (ERN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Ethernity Chain (ERN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert