How to buy Universal Biosensors shares | A$0.315
Own Universal Biosensors shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Universal Biosensors, Inc is a medical devices business based in Australia. Universal Biosensors shares (UBI) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.315 – an increase of 5% over the previous week. Universal Biosensors has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $4 million.
How to buy shares in Universal Biosensors
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Universal Biosensors. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: UBI. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Universal Biosensors reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.315, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Universal Biosensors. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Universal Biosensors key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Universal Biosensors stock a buy or sell?
- Universal Biosensors performance over time
- Are Universal Biosensors shares over-valued?
- Universal Biosensors's financials
- How volatile are Universal Biosensors shares?
- Does Universal Biosensors pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Universal Biosensors's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Universal Biosensors's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.315, which is 44.44% up on its pre-crash value of $0.175 and 142.31% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.13.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Universal Biosensors shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $777.78 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,750.00.
Universal Biosensors share priceUse our graph to track the performance of UBI stocks over time.
Universal Biosensors shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.315|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.13 - AUDA$0.345|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.3084|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.2457|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.192|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Universal Biosensors stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Universal Biosensors price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-14)||14.55%|
|1 month (2020-09-21)||0%|
|3 months (2020-07-21)||36.96%|
|6 months (2020-04-21)||65.79%|
|1 year (2019-10-17)||65.79%|
|2 years (2018-10-19)||40.00%|
|3 years (2017-10-20)||-17.11%|
|5 years (2015-10-21)||-22.22%|
Is Universal Biosensors under- or over-valued?
Valuing Universal Biosensors stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Universal Biosensors's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Universal Biosensors's P/E ratio
Universal Biosensors's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 1x. In other words, Universal Biosensors shares trade at around 1x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Universal Biosensors's EBITDA
Universal Biosensors's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $41.9 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Universal Biosensors's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Universal Biosensors financials
|Revenue TTM||$4 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$3.3 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-12.18%|
|Return on equity TTM||-13.38%|
|Market capitalisation||$55 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Universal Biosensors share dividends
We're not expecting Universal Biosensors to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Universal Biosensors share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Universal Biosensors's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.13 up to $0.345. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Universal Biosensors's is 0.6151. This would suggest that Universal Biosensors's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Universal Biosensors overview
Universal Biosensors, Inc., through its subsidiary, Universal Biosensors Pty Ltd, designs and develops electrochemical cells in Australia. The company focuses on the research, development, and manufacture of medical or testing devices. It uses electrochemical cell technology platform to develop point of use devices for various industries, including healthcare, food and drink, and agriculture. The company offers prothrombin time international normalized ratio coagulation test strips; and coagulation testing and calibration services, as well as distributes Siemens' Xprecia Stride Coagulation Analyzer. It also owns, operates, and manages a hemostasis laboratory. The company was founded in 2001 and is based in Rowville, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on finder
How to buy Universal Biosensors shares | $12.24
Steps to owning and managing JetBlue Airways shares from Australia.
How to buy Universal Biosensors shares | $14.05
Steps to owning and managing Azul SA shares from Australia.
How to buy Universal Biosensors shares | $27.86
Steps to owning and managing Air Transport Services shares from Australia.
How to buy Universal Biosensors shares | $7.17
Steps to owning and managing Gol Linhas shares from Australia.
How to buy Universal Biosensors shares | $82.95
Steps to owning and managing Ryanair Holdings shares from Australia.
How to buy Universal Biosensors shares | $132.56
Steps to owning and managing Allegiant Travel shares from Australia.
How to buy Universal Biosensors shares | $8.32
Steps to owning and managing Controladora Vuela shares from Australia.
How to buy Universal Biosensors shares | $7.17
Steps to owning and managing Gol Linhas Aéreas Inteligentes SA shares from Australia.
How to buy Ryanair Holdings plc shares | $82.95
Steps to owning and managing Ryanair Holdings plc shares from Australia.
Ask an Expert