How to buy Uniti Group shares | A$1.255
Own Uniti Group shares in just a few minutes.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Uniti Group Limited is a telecom services business based in Australia. Uniti Group shares (UWL) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $1.255 – a decrease of 8.06% over the previous week. Uniti Group has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $58.2 million.
How to buy shares in Uniti Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Uniti Group . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: UWL. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Uniti Group reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $1.255, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Uniti Group . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
How has coronavirus impacted Uniti Group 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Uniti Group 's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $1.255, which is 27.03% down on its pre-crash value of $1.72 and 60.90% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.78.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Uniti Group shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $561.46 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $833.88.
Uniti Group share priceUse our graph to track the performance of UWL stocks over time.
Uniti Group shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$1.255|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.78 - AUDA$1.8845|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$1.4174|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$1.4732|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.055|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Uniti Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Uniti Group price performance over time
|1 week (2020-10-12)||-7.04%|
|1 month (2020-09-18)||-14.63%|
|3 months (2020-07-17)||-15.20%|
|6 months (2020-04-17)||-1.95%|
|1 year (2019-10-18)||-17.57%|
|2 years (2018-10-15)||N/A|
|3 years (2017-10-15)||N/A|
|5 years (2015-10-15)||N/A|
Is Uniti Group under- or over-valued?
Valuing Uniti Group stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Uniti Group 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Uniti Group 's P/E ratio
Uniti Group 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 26x. In other words, Uniti Group shares trade at around 26x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Uniti Group 's EBITDA
Uniti Group 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $20.9 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Uniti Group 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Uniti Group financials
|Revenue TTM||$58.2 million|
|Operating margin TTM||25.93%|
|Gross profit TTM||$27 million|
|Return on assets TTM||3.73%|
|Return on equity TTM||7.11%|
|Market capitalisation||$717 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Uniti Group share dividends
We're not expecting Uniti Group to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Uniti Group overview
Uniti Group Limited provides Internet, and associated telecommunications products and services in Australia. It operates through three segments: Consumer & Business Enablement, Wholesale & Infrastructure, and Specialty Services. The Consumer & Business Enablement segment retails telecommunications products and services, including broadband and voice services across fibre access networks. The Wholesale & Infrastructure segment designs, installs, operates, and maintenance fibre-to-the-premises open access wholesale telecommunication ?last mile' network infrastructure. The Specialty Services segment offers premium voice services to approximately 13, 1300, 1800 calling services. This segment also offers value-added software as a service data analytics and call tracking application, as well as the leasing of phonewords on the numbers. The company was formerly known as Uniti Wireless Limited and changed its name to Uniti Group Limited in August 2019. Uniti Group Limited was incorporated in 2012 and is based in Adelaide, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert