We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
United Malt Group Limited is a beverages-brewers business based in Australia. United Malt shares (UMG) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. United Malt has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $1.3 billion..
How to buy shares in United Malt
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for United Malt. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: UMG. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until United Malt reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $4.3, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of United Malt. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
United Malt share priceUse our graph to track the performance of UMG stocks over time.
United Malt shares at a glance
|52-week range||$3.5678 - $5.1931|
|50-day moving average||$4.1752|
|200-day moving average||$4.1737|
|Dividend yield||$0.08 (1.95%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.168|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy United Malt stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
United Malt price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-12)||5.65%|
|1 month (2020-12-22)||6.17%|
|3 months (2020-10-22)||0%|
|6 months (2020-07-22)||6.17%|
|1 year (2020-01-18)||N/A|
|2 years (2019-01-18)||N/A|
|3 years (2018-01-18)||N/A|
|5 years (2016-01-18)||N/A|
Is United Malt under- or over-valued?
Valuing United Malt stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of United Malt's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
United Malt's P/E ratio
United Malt's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 24x. In other words, United Malt shares trade at around 24x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
United Malt's EBITDA
United Malt's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $142.2 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a United Malt's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
United Malt financials
|Revenue TTM||$1.3 billion|
|Operating margin TTM||7.3%|
|Gross profit TTM||$316.6 million|
|Return on assets TTM||3.24%|
|Return on equity TTM||6.31%|
|Market capitalisation||$1.2 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
United Malt share dividends
We're not expecting United Malt to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
United Malt overview
United Malt Group Limited processes and supplies malt and craft ingredients to brewers, distillers, and other users in North America, the United Kingdom, Australia, and Asia. The company operates through Processing and Warehouse & Distribution segments. It is also involved in the distribution and sale of malt, hops, yeast, adjuncts and related products to craft brewers. The company was incorporated in 2009 and is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington. United Malt Group Limited is a subsidiary of GrainCorp Limited.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy United Malt units | A$51.76
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy United Malt units | A$52.87
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy United Malt units | A$104.51
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy United Malt units | A$24.15
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy United Malt units | A$89.59
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy United Malt units | A$17.03
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy United Malt units | A$75.86
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy United Malt units | A$51.94
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy United Malt units | A$9.49
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert