United Malt Group Limited is a beverages—brewers business based in Australia. United Malt shares (UMG) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $4.22 – an increase of 1.93% over the previous week. United Malt has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $1.3 billion.
How to buy shares in United Malt
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for United Malt. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: UMG. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until United Malt reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $4.22, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of United Malt. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
United Malt share priceUse our graph to track the performance of UMG stocks over time.
United Malt shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$4.22|
|52-week range||AUDA$3.83 - AUDA$5.24|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$4.0217|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$4.2483|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.277|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy United Malt stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
United Malt price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-11)||1.93%|
|1 month (2020-08-18)||6.84%|
|3 months (2020-06-18)||-6.43%|
|6 months (2020-03-14)||N/A|
|1 year (2019-09-14)||N/A|
|2 years (2018-09-14)||N/A|
|3 years (2017-09-14)||N/A|
|5 years (2015-09-14)||N/A|
Is United Malt under- or over-valued?
Valuing United Malt stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of United Malt's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
United Malt's EBITDA
United Malt's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $160.2 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a United Malt's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
United Malt financials
|Revenue TTM||$1.3 billion|
|Operating margin TTM||8.22%|
|Gross profit TTM||$160.2 million|
|Return on assets TTM||0%|
|Return on equity TTM||0%|
|Market capitalisation||$1.2 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
United Malt share dividends
We're not expecting United Malt to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
United Malt overview
United Malt Group Limited operates as a commercial maltster in North America, Australia, Asia, Europe, and internationally. The company engages in the production and sale of malt to major brewers, craft brewers, distillers, and food companies. It is also involved in the distribution and sale of bagged malt, hops, yeast, adjuncts and related products to craft brewers. The company was incorporated in 2009 and is based in Sydney, Australia. United Malt Group Limited is a subsidiary of GrainCorp Limited.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert